Nokia Murders Its Android Dream; Wearables Are The New Priority - Rumor

Rumors floated earlier of Nokia developing its Android segment, and a mid-range Nokia Normandy which was announced earlier as the company's Android-powered phone was greeted with high excitement. But that was then. Now a new rumor hints that Nokia has entirely killed the Android smartphone/phablet/tablet project, and is instead focusing on the potential future of technology- the wearables. Nokia's wearables shall feature flexible displays, wireless power transmission, augmented reality, electromagnetic energy generation and graphene sensors. These wearables shall belong in the Lumia family, and are focused more on trumping the upcoming devices than the current lot.

nokand

As per a Chinese technology blog, the Nokia Android project developed by Peter SkilIman (now the head of design, HERE), has been totally abandoned. Inside reports claim that this abandonment did not result due to concerns of intervention by Microsoft.

Nokia Normandy enjoyed a long time in speculation, but it's not the only one that got ditched along with the project. There were multiple other projects Nokia was working on which were Android powered. A mention of codenames Mountain City and Xiaolong brim up which equip Snapdragon 400 processors. These handsets were reportedly to have highly customizable interfaces.

Replies

• yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Rumors floated earlier of Nokia developing its Android segment, and a mid-range Nokia Normandy which was announced earlier as the company's Android-powered phone was greeted with high excitement. But that was then. Now a new rumor hints that Nokia has entirely killed the Android smartphone/phablet/tablet project, and is instead focusing on the potential future of technology- the wearables. Nokia's wearables shall feature flexible displays, wireless power transmission, augmented reality, electromagnetic energy generation and graphene sensors. These wearables shall belong in the Lumia family, and are focused more on trumping the upcoming devices than the current lot.

nokand

As per a Chinese technology blog, the Nokia Android project developed by Peter SkilIman (now the head of design, HERE), has been totally abandoned. Inside reports claim that this abandonment did not result due to concerns of intervention by Microsoft.

Nokia Normandy enjoyed a long time in speculation, but it's not the only one that got ditched along with the project. There were multiple other projects Nokia was working on which were Android powered. A mention of codenames Mountain City and Xiaolong brim up which equip Snapdragon 400 processors. These handsets were reportedly to have highly customizable interfaces.
    i think nokia should concentrate on its windows series because now it also connected with microsoft so its more easy and efficient for nokia.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We here at CrazyEngineers are taking our promotions seriously than ever before. With a series of launches planned for 2014, we are now looking for someone who would love to...
Lenovo India has come up with a new smartphone on the Indian shores with Lenovo Vibe X, a 5-inch smartphone cum phablet, that's got a lot of interesting features. Lenovo...
hi friednds now a days everyone using smart phones or in other words smart phone is the requirement of todays life. i also wants to buy a smart phone in...
hi guys i am ece student. i have a deep interest in playing with computer sodes and try new things to it. but since i am an electronics student so...
Sir I am going to apply for PG-DITISS.My education details 71(10th 2003),63(12th 2005),59(BE CSE 2009-2013(no backlog any semester)).I have a huge gap of 4 yr after my 12th. DID spending...