Nokia Lumia 925 Launch In India Soon. Tech Specs Compared To Man of Steel.

Nokia India has revealed on its website that the company's new flagship phone Lumia 925 is 'coming soon'. Unveiled earlier this month, Nokia Lumia 925 is the smartphone with the robust appeal for Windows 8 fans. A refreshing break from the cheaper range of phones in the Nokia Asha series launched in India this year, if you're done drooling over the Nokia Lumia 928 Price & Tech Specs Out - Isn't PureView Camera Pure Delight?, the Lumia 925 deserves both - your time and attention. Nokia's official blog has compared this smartphone to the upcoming movie's lead - Man of Steel (you've watched the trailer, right?) owing to the phone's attribute of bringing metal for the first time to the Nokia Lumia range. The company has even gone far enough to setup #-Link-Snipped-# dedicated to just that.

The Lumia 925 sports an aluminium and polycarbonate frame making it both slim and ultra-robust - as tough as the man of steel and a Gorilla Glass 2 safely guards the 4.5 inch AMOLED WXGA screen that has a 1280 x 768 pixels resolution. Running over the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Dual-core 1.5GHz processor, this smartphone is superfast, just like The Man of Steel who is known to be faster then a speeding bullet. Bearing a price tag in Europe of 469 EUR (approx. Rs 33,290), Lumia 925 uses a new gen image processing software, advanced lens technology, LiveSight, an augmented reality feature that works in conjunction with the phone’s PureView 8.7 megapixel lens to point you in the direction of local eateries, shops and tourist attractions. Yes, you can recall the super-human x-ray specs.

lumia925

Famous majorly for the Pureview rear, the front camera on this phone is a 1.2 megapixels wide angle. This Lumia comes with 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory with 7 GB free SkyDrive cloud storage. Powered by a 2000 mAh battery, the Nokia Lumia 925 supports 4G internet access and so the Windows Store apps like - Lists & Things, Chronos Calender, or Evernote are there to help you out. Coming to you in white, grey or black colors, this phone will come with a wireless charging cover clipped onto the back of the phone. And covers, sold separately, come in white, black, yellow and red.

Though the launch date in India isn't yet out, we are expecting an official word soon. So, watch out this space for updates. Till then. here's video that shares the delightful details of the camera on the Lumia 925. Check it out -

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Here's a useful thing Nokia has done:
  • avii
    avii
    Specs are not everything, but what about OS ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    avii
    Specs are not everything, but what about OS ?
    Windows 8? What about it?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Everything seems to be similar to Nokia Lumia 920... (also price range is same... 35-38 K in India); only noticeable difference I could make out is appearance, Newer one, is sleek and strong (by use of metal).

But not sure, launching more than 5 phone in Lumia series with in a span of 12 months a good idea??

-CB
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Awesome shot! Check this video!

#-Link-Snipped-#: Man, this camera feature looks awesome, does Samsung Galaxy Note 2 have an app that does this?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Nope, not by default at least. I think there must be an app in the Google Play store. Never checked it though. I think Nokia's focusing a lot on camera - which I think is a good thing.

That feature would nice to have 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Quick Update: Nokia Lumia 925 is now available for pre-order on Flipkart for Rs. 33,999 - the price I think is quite 'big' for the Nokia phone with Windows 8. In addition, Lumia 625 is expected to launch in the Indian markets by August end. The price of 625 has not been officially announced yet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is with shame and sincere regret that I write here about this topic, particularly with respect to India. I've lived my entire schooling in Kuwait, and there has not...
Samsung recently announced event ‘Premiere 2013’ scheduled for June 20 at Earls Court 2, London, where it’ll be unveiling latest additions to its Galaxy and ATIV portfolio. Tech enthusiasts may...
On VoiCE you have already read about the Black Hornet Nano UAV and Me Cam and how they are being used for military and civilian purposes respectively, but this time...
The Indian Online Railway Reservation System dependent wholly and solely on the IRCTC website is now taking part in what appears to be a stunt of sorts. The news became...
In near future, don't be surprised if you see electronics and DIY enthusiasts frequenting the construction sites in search of cement. Researchers have unraveled a formula for turning liquid cement...