Nokia Bangalore Employees May Lose Jobs [Ref: MS-Nokia Deal]

Nokia took a decision to switch the primary operating system for their phones from Symbian to Windows7 and that means lot of Symbian related projects will go back to Finland. It may result into job cuts at Nokia's Bangalore office. #-Link-Snipped-#.

Nokia's Symbian developers feel cheated by Nokia's shifting policy. Earlier Nokia wanted to go with Symbian, then brought MeeGo and now they're on Windows Mobile Operating Sytem. Nokia employs about 6,500 people in its R&D setup, out of which about 40% are in India. "About 50% are in the software research and development while the rest are in hardware division. But none of the jobs are expected to be affected in India. Support for Symbian phones would continue and we expect to sell 150 million more Symbian phones this year," said a Nokia India spokeswoman.

I believe Samsung, Apple and other rivals are eating Nokia's lunch. Nokia seriously needs innovation in the Tablet/Smartphone market.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. Muram or Mud Floors- ground floor having its topping consisting of muram or mud . Having this kind of floor is easily and cheaply repairable. 2. Mosaic Floors-floors having...
Hey y' all. Anyone doing a CISCO cert course or planning to take it up? I have just recently enrolled myself with Nirmal Datacomm training academy. I guess it seems...
Hey Crazy Engineers, I am a final year Engineering student (Metallurgy branch)... As a part of it v need to present a Technical Seminar of a topic related to Metallurgy......
CEans, what do you think of this: "Are men superior to women?"or "Are women superior to men?"😒😒
Ever feared if the photos you upload on social networking sites can be accessed by unknown hacker or your latest status update may cost you your job? Yes… we all...