Nokia 515 - Specs, Features & Price Revealed For The Premium Feature Phone

Before the advent of the smartphones, feature phone makers went crazy with their designs but when the touch screens arrived, designers had to stick to the almost the same design.

Comparision

So to spice things up a little Nokia has introduced Nokia 515, a feature phone that is designed to be an eye candy. The body of the Nokia 515 has been made out of a single piece of sand blasted aluminium. The keymat has been made out of a specially crafted hardened polycarbonate resin, and the 2.4” QVGA (320 x 240 pixel resolution) LCD display comes with polarized Gorilla Glass 2 protection that promises better sunlight legibility.

Nokia 515 1

Nokia has also tried to address my problem with its low resolution camera sensors and provided it with a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash. For the ‘selfie’ obsessed generation, the voice guided self-portrait feature helps you to take your photo properly even when you cannot see yourself in the screen. A 100-degree panorama mode is also available for your wide shots.

Nokia 515 2

The usual Mail for Exchange, Slam, Nokia Xpress Browser, Nokia Store and social networking apps come preinstalled. This 3.5G phone comes in single and Easy Swap Dual SIM variants in black and white colours. If you find yourself drawn towards these features the price tag could turn you off. The phone costs EUR 115 (10,167 INR) and when it arrives in India by the third quarter of 2013, the price could hover around Rs. 11000 or more. Now in a time when you can afford a decent Android phone at the same price, would you go for a simple feature phone just for its looks? Let us know in the comments section below.

Nokia 515 3

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes you are correct satya.While i was scrolling over the page for reading the article o found it to be fascinating but as you said price tag make it a commercial failure.It can be a best bet for the one who was looking for a candy bar phone with so much of prices.I think a price tag of about 7k would be a good tag to attract people.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    You are suggesting a price tag of 7k for this phone but I don't believe that is justified too. See the other phones you get at this rate. They are all loaded with advanced tech. And If Nokia is trying to compete with Samsung in this matter then I dont think they have nailed it. I just couldn't imagine the success of such phones in the running market trend. Windows,iOS, Android have made stuff so much easier. The people those who like this type of phones won't be able to get that kind of experience we have on our phones.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The thing I don't understand is: Why is Nokia trying to stick to a similar form factor for all it's phones now? Look at all of Nokia's latest phones. On first looks the Nokia 515 just looks like a Nokia 107 or 106 or 301 or 208. Check #-Link-Snipped-# page, you'd find all phones look almost similar with similar form factor and colors. WTF? Why would I shell out 11k for such a piece of crap?
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Update:

The Nokia 515 has hit the Indian e-commerce website Snapdeal.com for Rs. 10898. The website states that it will be able to ship the phone within three business days. For more information visit the following link: #-Link-Snipped-#.

Source: Nokia Launches Mid-Range 515 Smart Feature Phone | TechTree.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hand of a Thief is a new malware in the world of Linux operating systems that's targeting user's bank accounts. According AVAST antivirus, the malware is a Linux Trojan that...
Gionee, the Chinese mobile maker has launched Gionee P2 phone in India with a price tag of Rs. 6499. Of course, this is an entry-level smartphone that comes with dual-SIM...
Fleep is a new startup from Estonia that's aiming to bridge the gap between email and messaging. Launched by engineers who earlier worked at Skype, you can trust the team...
i need to know about hydraulic and pneumatic piston and there rates explain simplyy
Hey i wanted to ask you guys how do you manage to maintain your activity along with handling regular office/business work. I find it very hard to pay attention here...