No placements offered by college. What to do?

i just completed my b.tech in ece this year...as my collage didn't provide campus placements because of some collage problems..so what should i do to get a good job??? i got average of 73% throughout b.tech..plz suggest me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-# . There are several things you can do; but with a focus on getting a job, I'd recommend the following-

1. Prepare for aptitude tests and technical and HR rounds of interview; which are typically conducted by the major companies. You will have to decide which field you wish to make career - core or IT.

2. You may start updating your skills-set. Ask questions here or to your seniors about what kind of skills you will need to develop in order to get into your dream career. Start working on those.

3. Prepare a resume and upload it to all the popular job searching websites. Also keep an eye on the newspaper advertisements for walk-ins.

4. Join an institute for a certification course in the area of your interest. Most of the institutions will offer placement assistance; which could be a great way to noticed by the recruiters.

I hope this answers your questions and provides you a direction to think. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask them below.
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    i started a discussion yesterday ...i got a reply for my question..now i want to reply him again but m not getting any option..plzzz help me someone..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    asha rani
    i started a discussion yesterday ...i got a reply for my question..now i want to reply him again but m not getting any option..plzzz help me someone..
    I've merged your posts.

Do you see a box to type your answer just below this message? You will see it only if you are logged in. Type your response in it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You have better academics than 90% of people who are out of college without job.
    First you need to decide what kind of job you want and start preparing for off campus. There is fair chance to get opportunity in your core companies.
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've merged your posts.

Do you see a box to type your answer just below this message? You will see it only if you are logged in. Type your response in it.
    thanx sir.....after confirmation,i was able to reply you..thnx..

Anoop Kumar
    You have better academics than 90% of people who are out of college without job.
    First you need to decide what kind of job you want and start preparing for off campus. There is fair chance to get opportunity in your core companies.
    hello sir..actually the main problem is most of the companies only need money..there is no value of my skills..m getting some job offers but all they are demanding some money..then what is good for me in this if i m serviving for job even after having good scores..

Anoop Kumar
    hello sir...actually nowadays most of the companies need only money..they don't have value of my skills..m getting job offers from many companies but all they require some money..then what is good for me in this if m not getting a good job even after having good marks in btech???

Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-# . There are several things you can do; but with a focus on getting a job, I'd recommend the following-

1. Prepare for aptitude tests and technical and HR rounds of interview; which are typically conducted by the major companies. You will have to decide which field you wish to make career - core or IT.

2. You may start updating your skills-set. Ask questions here or to your seniors about what kind of skills you will need to develop in order to get into your dream career. Start working on those.

3. Prepare a resume and upload it to all the popular job searching websites. Also keep an eye on the newspaper advertisements for walk-ins.

4. Join an institute for a certification course in the area of your interest. Most of the institutions will offer placement assistance; which could be a great way to noticed by the recruiters.

I hope this answers your questions and provides you a direction to think. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask them below.
    hello sir...i applied my resume on many sites like naukri.com,monster.com,shine.com and many others..and the job offers i got from them are either from a consultant who requires money for job or from a company who demands money for that vacancy..so what should i do???i don't want to give money in these fake companies..plz suggest me..
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    asha rani
    i got from them are either from a consultant who requires money for job or from a company who demands money for that vacancy.
    These companies are mostly fake or they are worth spending money.
    Which city you are in. Look out for off-campus drive. It happen in once a month or so.
    Meanwhile better join some training institutes of your interest like testing, any programming language.
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    Anoop Kumar
    These companies are mostly fake or they are worth spending money.
    Which city you are in. Look out for off-campus drive. It happen in once a month or so.
    Meanwhile better join some training institutes of your interest like testing, any programming language.
    yes sir,that's the main thing i wanted to say you...sir,as i just completed my btech,if i'll give time to any training for 6months or for 1 year,then after that i will have to face more problem bcoz then companies will need experience from me or they will ask why u wasted ur time in training as it is the procedure that company who gives job provides a training related to their job...actually i did 2 of my trainings,one in embedded or other in networking,but this time i have no benefit of them..plz suggest me,m not getting any way...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You are doing training and keep working on any project till you get the job.
    I think one year gap is excusable. You can say that you were not wasting time and working on project and training meanwhile. A certification can be addon and you can say you ware getting prepared with certification while searching for job.
  • asha rani
    asha rani
    Anoop Kumar
    You are doing training and keep working on any project till you get the job.
    I think one year gap is excusable. You can say that you were not wasting time and working on project and training meanwhile. A certification can be addon and you can say you ware getting prepared with certification while searching for job.
    thnx sir...i think its a good excuse to say that i was doing training...bcoz being on any project in this time is not possible without any guide...but i want to ask that are u sure that i can get a good job after this training?????if yes,then there should be a good job offer in my hand this time also,as i already did 2 trainings..then why m not getting good job now?????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Research team at Binghamton University (NY State) have succeeded in tweaking the electrical properties of Graphene Oxide. Prof. Jeffrey Mativetsky, assistant professor of Physics along with PhD student Austin Faucett...
Quote: We've all seen that illustration of the primate walking from left to right, starting out as a hunched-over cousin of the modern chimpansee, and straightening up to become a...
Mark Zuckerberg is scheduled to interact with IIT-Delhi engineering students on October 28th. He'll answer questions live from the audience as well as from across Facebook, said Zuckerberg through a...
I am asking that what is the main difference between Dc motor and Ac motor? How they works?
am doing business in chennai,i have one doubt can any one explain please. IS.1923/1973 it is spec in indian railway but am not understand this what IS.1923/1973