No load losses of the transformer

How the no load losses of the transformer can be minimized ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If you use superconducting coils, the efficiency will be of the order of 99.85%.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    bioramani
    If you use superconducting coils, the efficiency will be of the order of 99.85%.
    And remaining 0.15% are because of the core we are using in transformer? I am not sure.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    The no load losses are due to:
    1. Hysteresis- In core laminations
    2. Eddy current-In core laminations
    3. Stray Eddy current- In core clamps, bolts and other components
    4. Dielectric losses.
    5. I2R losses-Due to no load current
    Hysteresis losses and eddy current losses are the primary contributers (about 99%) of the no load losses.
    Eddy current losses are reduced by using thinner and better quality of core steel and designing the core effeciently. Hysteresis losses are caused by molecules in the core laminations which resist getting magnetized and demagnetized by the alternating magnetic field. This resistance by molecules causes friction and heat is generated. Hystersis losses can be reduced by selection of proper size and type of core material.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the formula to calculate the output mechanical power for the following prime movers ? 1) electric motor 2) I.C engine 3) hydraulic turbine (pelton , kaplan, francis) 4)...
There used to be a time when dialing a phone number; we actually had to press the physical buttons the the keypad. There was a 'physical' connect that bonded humans...
Who is your role model ? And why choose him/her as your role model ?
hey guys i have chosen NFC as my seminar topic 😀 i would like to gather more and more information about my topic (NFC). so please do share your knowledge...
In the last decade web logs (blogs) started gaining popularity by turning an average Internet user into a content publisher. With the popularity of the blogs, the comments system began...