no fine concrete

hello everyone 😁

i just came across this term in my text book....i know that no fine concrete would not have the fine aggregate.....but of what use is it. does it have any improved property when compared to the normal concrete..?
another doubt wont the presence of little air voids(due to absence of F.A.) reduce the strength of the concrete...😕

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I think one usage is in walkways to produce a stone look as opposed to pure concrete?
  • 2010mayan
    2010mayan
    No fines concrete is used as permeable medium in the construction of percolation pits, in-take well etc
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    No need to say it doesn't have high strength due to lack of fine aggregates. Apart from percolation pits and in-take wells it's also used in low traffic concrete pavements.
  • AshNZ
    AshNZ
    gohm
    I think one usage is in walkways to produce a stone look as opposed to pure concrete?
    No, I think in that case you would blast the concrete get the stone look on the pavement. But no fines concrete can be used in walkaways for a different reason. No fines concrete is porous and allows water to easily percolate to the soil below if that is what is needed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to know how exactly GIS works in distributed systems, if it is centralized then how it manages or collects information of resources that are geographically disperesd and if...
Hi, Todd, hope this question qualifies, as I have no clue how to solve it I've provided you a drawing to the right to assist you in coming up with...
hi guys, i was wondering...... is work experience really necessary for MBA aspirants. i am asking this because i have seen people loose interest in further studies once they get...
sir, is it a rule sort of that papers are to be presented on an established technology, and then you have to analyse and put forward your views. can it...
There are people who believe AJAX is a new Technology. I personally believe its a Technique. What's your take on it? Why?