No Annual Appraisals & Performance Reviews @ Adobe Systems!

All the Adobe employees will now have a reason to make their friends not working in Adobe jealous of them. The company says that it wants to abolish the age old practice of annual appraisals and performance reviews. Instead, the company will develop a culture where the managers give a quick feedback to his/her subordinates to improve their efficiency. The company is still getting the blue print ready and hopes to roll out the final plan soon. Adobe employs around 10,000 engineers all over the world and ~2000 of them are in India.

The company seems to be inspired from Marshall Goldsmith's theory that instant and real-time feedback can go a long way in boosting the overall performance of the employees; than waiting for a whole year to get it. Jaleel Abdul, head of Adobe Systems India says that instead of giving 'feedback' we'll work on giving 'feed-forward'. It's not a borrowed practice and believes that course correction is way faster this way.

Google practices what's called as 360 degree appraisal in which everyone gets feedback from peers, bosses and juniors. Microsoft is believed to put more emphasis on the overall behavior of the employees than the company's internal targets.

My own experiences of working in Indian IT industry & the appraisal system 'blindly' followed in it are interesting! If I were to summarize it; it's just a 'blind' feedback.

What do you think?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Feedback annually, yes it is blind thing as you are saying. A few days ago, AKD wrongly (?)shared a TED talk by Melinda Gates about Cocacola.

It is regarding Feed Forward. Check out this thread (post #2)-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please use 'www' in your URLs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS: I NEED A PASSIVE ELECTRO-MAGNETOTELLURIC DETECTION (EMT) PLATFORM You must be an electronics engineer to work on my project. You must understand all theories and principles about this...
Can someone help me with ideas on design and fabrication of an Automated sheet metal rolling machine that can sense the length of a sheet metal.
Hi everybody, I would need some help on that one. A magneto-meter is connected via a serial port to matlab and actually everything works fine, EXCEPT that, if the data...
I've just started on this new line of action and thought it well to fill everyone in. Android is growing immensely and I must say, we need to be at...
If you are thinking of purchasing the Adobe Photoshop CS6, make sure that you don't have 32 bit version of the Mac. Adobe has made it clear that their latest...