Nissan Evalia-taxi if tomorrow

Nissan Evalia or NV200 has been selected as "taxi of tomorrow" by New york taxi and Limousine commission .
Do you remember this car?i will take back to 2012Newyork Auto show where Nissan showcased a Yellow cab(NV200) and this has reached so much popularity because of its features that demand is more than the supply.The company manager had said that they were working round the clock to deliver it in fall.
Features that make it the future cab:
1)can seat four passengers
2)unique city views due to transparent rooftop
3)aircon system
4)assistance such as handrail,entry steps for passengers comfort
5)2USB ports,reading lights,floor lights
6)special antibacterial and ecofriendly seats
7)traction control

It was powered by 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine and brightyellow color exterior and Airbag presence makes passengers to feel good at their safety.
With a warranty of 1,50,000 miles Nissan promises some speciality.
Can it compete Crown victoria in its segmentNissan-NV200-taxi

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Is it only me or it is really looking like the Nissan version of Versa? Or you can say MS Omni with a aero dynamic bonnet. Seems cool. Perfect for taxis. What about the performance comparison between the current one and this model?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    This one looks like a Maruti Eeco with an aerodynamic front portion.

If i am not wrong this model failed to survive in India.

Can't say whether it can really stand a chance against the crown.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The looks are not so attractive A LUV in aero design will push the cost to higher end user and not for the middle end users and so this car is beyond the reach of taxi drivers and some small scale car owners who rent their cars out for taxi drivers
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    The looks are not so attractive A LUV in aero design will push the cost to higher end user and not for the middle end users and so this car is beyond the reach of taxi drivers and some small scale car owners who rent their cars out for taxi drivers

The thing you are talking about is correct from point of view of India and similar countries. They are deploying it in New York. Things change in that case and I think it can succeed well in the market.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    New york is poorer than most of the poorest countries in the world Just check the American debt calculator here U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

This is real time app so no point in sharing details any time from it But you can see where America stands
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    New york is poorer than most of the poorest countries in the world Just check the American debt calculator here U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

This is real time app so no point in sharing details any time from it But you can see where America stands

I was not talking about the revenue of New York but rather the standard of living of the people.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    I was not talking about the revenue of New York but rather the standard of living of the people.

Well in economic standard Revenue determines the standard of living of a nation Am I not right?😕
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Well in economic standard Revenue determines the standard of living of a nation Am I not right?😕

Yes but if you compare other similar over crowded cities with New York, it has a better standard of living. It has a fixed trend of people working there. Maybe the revenue is weak, the way of thinking and living doesn't easily change.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Out of the topic:

Are you in any way aware about how many banks have gone bankrupt in the recent years in America and how many companies have been shut down in the US

PS: NY is one big city which is nearing the limits of all its reserves Hope it survives another 4 years
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nayan Goenka
    Is it only me or it is really looking like the Nissan version of Versa? Or you can say MS Omni with a aero dynamic bonnet. Seems cool. Perfect for taxis. What about the performance comparison between the current one and this model?
    niss
    Hi Nayan Goenka Hope it explains the performance.Its difficult to compare Nissan with crown because Its a war between classic vs newbie
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# & @#-Link-Snipped-# Please stick to the topic guys.The discussion is going nowhere.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia has now released the Nokia Asha SDK 1.0 for developers who wish to create apps for the Asha family of phones from the company. This software development kit (SDK)...
does anyone have any experience in using the finite element analysis package ABAQUS? I would like to know the difference in surface to surface interaction in standard and explicit. The...
Hey folks, I would like to put forth a discussion in regards to Cross-platform development of applications. Suppose if you switch to a Mac OS machine, wouldn't it be cool...
why the cross section of the dam varies?
If some one slaps on your cheek,what is the temperature at the point of contact(between hand and cheek) and How much amount of work done received by you?