Next iPhone Should Have These Awesome Things - AI, Energy storage & Cloud computing

So, there has been enough fuss about iPhone 5 and its features. Some people love the new screen-size and some just hate it. Some are joking about it -

5349639_700b

So, I was reading about what the real engineers and scientists think about the things that Apple should put in the upcoming version of its iPhone. And here are a few basic things that came up -
1. A predictive personal assistant.
Siri is there and we know it is faulty. So, with plans of bettering it we can have the phone access all information and go the AI way to schedule meetings for you or email people about delay in replying.
2. Better Batteries
If wireless charging is not the answer yet, better performing batteries is the answer.
Apple might take a close look at the solid state batteries developed by Ann Marie Sastry’s startup Sakti3 (see “#-Link-Snipped-#”).
3. Cloud-powered Software Streaming and Mobile TV.

You can check the article about the same on Technology Review - #-Link-Snipped-#

What features are you guys expecting from the next iPhone? Share in replies.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Apple's already ahead of other manufacturers (in the smartphone category, at least) in the battery section. I'm not familiar with the Solid State Batteries; but that could be an interesting topic to explore. What exactly is cloud powered streaming? Isn't it the regular streaming done through cloud? If yes, any mobile device can have it at present.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello All, I am currently working on a project where I would need to measure the current from a Channel Electron Multiplier(CEM) anode. The anode is at a high voltage...
I'm sure you might have heard about CoffeeScript. As the official description of coffeescript goes, it's a tiny language that compiles into Javascript. This new language aims to expose and...
The Dropbox engineering team used this nice online JavaScript to CoffeeScript (and vice-versa) converter tool to rewrite entire their browser side codebase from JS to CS. Take a look at...
hi everyone,... Im thinking to do a project for engg final year on "Usage of waste heat from automobile Exhaust". Can anyone please tell me how i can give a...
TCS recruits hundreds of engineering graduates through their placements portal TCS Next Step ( nextstep.tcs.com ). It's a gateway for the fresh computer science, IT and other engineers into the...