Next-Gen Corning's Gorilla Glass 4, Will Be Anti-bacterial & Anti-glare.

It's nothing new that, with every passing months we see new technology related to the Mobile screens is emerging.When it comes to the innovation in the screen technologies, #-Link-Snipped-# is a "Badass!", An awesome brand mascot,period.

Recently at MIT's Mobile Technology summit Dr.Jeffrey Everson took a small presentation on the current technology on Gorilla Glass with very detailed proof on what makes it the product the most preferred in the most of the current generation smartphones.

He also gave a small preview on the upcoming features in the next Corning Gorilla Glass.The Corning Gorilla Glass seems have to be mastered in durability,strength & scratch-resistance, so now they're aiming on the next features which will be included in Corning Gorilla Glass 4, Anti-glare and Germ-resistant.

This is an incredible, I must admit before I reveal it.
You see the image above, do you find that hole ? Well, first & foremost that's not really a hole. The circled portion of the glass has been treated with the Corning's anti-reflective material.
You can easily notice the difference, don't you ? No matter how direct the god son is focusing on your screen, you still; without any problem would be able to see the screen clearly.
(Now no matter it's day or night, your screen will give you equal quality of view of the screen)

Next comes the other revealed feature, Anti-bacterial screen :

The one fact which you might know is that, your mobile phone screen contains millions of bacteria on the surface of the screen. However, not worry as Corning has came to rescure you with the new technology of Anti-bacteria which decreases bacteria in very huge amount ,as you can clearly see that in the above linked image.

Honestly saying, I am fucking impressed by the Anti-glare technology of the Corning Gorilla Glass. The next version, i.e Gorilla Glass 4 will be undoubtedly bring an awesome change to the smartphones. I am very much impatient now and waiting for official release of Gorilla Glass 4, so I can look at the awesome screen performance of the mobile screen under hot sunlight.

What's your view on this, CEans ?
Do you think, Corning should work on scratch-resistant & improve it alongwith adding Anti-glare feature in next version ?
Are you satisfied with current GG performance ? What's your opinion for Gorilla Glass ?

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I too wish to see corning gorilla glass in near future.
    The feature that attracts more than a antibactrial is antiglare.
    I have trouble in using phones under sunlight.Hence I prefer corning gorilla glass over normal touchscreen.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update (Not related to GG4 but related to Corning GG only)

Corning Gorilla Glass already have made the smartphone's screen better by making it scratch-resistant, hard, Anti-glare & Germ-resistant.
    But now, Corning Gorilla Glass NBT arrived for touchscreen laptops, which is said to be 9-10 times more scratch-resistant than soda-lime glass.Also it is prone to scratches & onscreen-fingerprints.

For more details read : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tami Reller, Windows CMO & CFO took the stage at the Microsoft's annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Houston, Texas and announced that Windows 8.1 will be shipped to the...
You would be surprise to hear this news that Ashok Leyland is making its entry in a segment where it had been never before. Yes Ashok leyland have planned to...
Twitter has finally come up with a solution to probably one of the most annoying and persistent flaws. The read/unread status of DMs would be now synced across all platforms,...
One of the major problems with total head transplant is the joining of the head with the spinal cord. New techniques available indicate that this is feasible. If the seat...
Setting attainable goals to be achieved in 60 to 90 days can keep Alzheimer's disease at bay. It can add meaningful years to one's life as a bonus. The goals...