New Zealand in ICC Twenty20 World Cup 2009

ICC #-Link-Snipped-# will start from 5 June 2009 in England. After the successful staging of its inaugural tournament in South Africa, cricket fans are expecting similar excitement from the second edition too. However, I do not think New Zealand cricket fans can have high hopes for New Zealand’s success in the upcoming tournament as the Kiwi squad has lost a number of key players over the last few years.

Players like Shane Bond, Darrel Tuffi have joined Indian Cricket League (ICL), and thus, cutting all their ties with New Zealand cricket team as New Zealand Cricket (NZC) does not allow any ICL player to represent the country at international level. There were some other players like hard-hitting opener Nathan Astle who retired from cricket to take part in ICL. Naturally, the strength of New Zealand team has decreased significantly over the last couple of years. There is no doubt, New Zealand has not found any replacement off the players like Shane Bond yet, and it would not be an easy for New Zealand in ICC World Twenty20 2009 in England.

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well SA and Aus,are no looser,they are the team to look for!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😛 hi i m a mech. engineer and try to cultivate some means by which we are able to produce electricity without pollution
I'll b finishing my third yr in a few days. Our technical University doesn't have industrial training as part of its curriculum, hence, a few of my friend's have started...
[FONT="]Hey… I just heard that Acer has launched Gateways and eMachines in India. Along with those, a cool ALL-IN-ONE desktop has also been launched. The Gateways is for the style...
😕 Hey friends!! i was thinking of the effect in thermal efficiency of an ic engine .. suppose if an engine is designed for place like Rajstahn which is quite...