New to web designing: Help with JavaScript

I need to know how does icons work on Get Latest News, India News, Breaking News, Today's News - NDTV.com

i wish to enter into web designing, and need some help....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello Nishtha -

Welcome to CE. The icons on the top on NDTV website use the JavaScript for effects. There are popular javascript libraries available on the Internet for free. You'll have to learn JavaScript to be able to use those libraries. They are very effective & powerful!

Look here for similar effect: #-Link-Snipped-#

&
    a detailed tutorial is available here: Michael Leigeber | Strategist and Engineer
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    hi Nishtha

Welcome to CE family

Want to get into web design Great!!
    innovative gallery of simple websites

#-Link-Snipped-#

also check out this

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hi Nishtha
    Welcome to ce..
    If you are new web designing..It would be more better if you learn html first..once you become familiar with all tags.and basic..Like how to use the page effectively...then you can jump..to learning jsp..in that case..It will be very beneficial in order to be a good web developer
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Ya you are right... first step is HTML

if you are fine with it move to new things like CSS : it helps customising the pages according to your own wish like standard templates

and by this time you will be able to understand javascript

start with the basics and gradually as you practice with small examples you will surely get better and better

all the best
  • Nishtha Pundir
    Nishtha Pundir
    Thanx a lot to every1, thanx for responding that soon....

and yes i've done HTML basics, even hav worked with CSS and Javascript a bit....

i've been researching on this site(ndtv.com) for a long time, and have found other good things, and also i found the method that have been used for these hypenlinks:
    onmouseover="javascript:slideRight('div1');" onmouseout="javascript:slideLeft('div1' );">

but i didnt recognised them, and even when i searched about this code, i was unable to find anything...

now i'll go through the links suggested by u, and if any further problem will occur, hope u'll keep guiding me...
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    yes sure you are always welcome on ce
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    visit this website for help on web designing, HTML, DHTML, Javascript, etc..

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

Very useful if you have a basic idea and want to go into details
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    The_Big_K
    Hello Nishtha -

Welcome to CE. The icons on the top on NDTV website use the JavaScript for effects. There are popular javascript libraries available on the Internet for free. You'll have to learn JavaScript to be able to use those libraries. They are very effective & powerful!

Look here for similar effect: #-Link-Snipped-#

&
    a detailed tutorial is available here: Michael Leigeber | Strategist and Engineer
    Cool effects. I'll surely consider using these. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / madam, My question is In a soap company, a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the...
Good Afternoon (at least to those from Brazil Time to Pacific Time), My name is Enya (aka Face) and I suffer from a chronic disease that seems to create a...
Hi guys! I need to build a system ( My first one! yay! ) which will store input from two sensors when an event happens. (approx. 5 kb of info)...
ASP.NET 2.0 - Master Pages It provide templates for other pages on your web site. with shared layout and functionality. allow you to create a consistent look and behavior for...
Afternoon to all! I am currently volunteering to mentor a undergraduate student in a mini-project. I am a mechanical engineer with a computer science background and she is a computer...