View Feed
group-icon
Java Developers
Community of Java Developers: Get Java Programming Help from fellow Java Developers across the world.
654 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Nishtha Pundir
Nishtha Pundir • Nov 9, 2009

New to web designing: Help with JavaScript

I need to know how does icons work on NDTV.com - Latest News, India News, Business, Bollywood, Cricket, IPL, T20, Lifestyle and Videos

i wish to enter into web designing, and need some help....
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Nov 9, 2009
Hello Nishtha -

Welcome to CE. The icons on the top on NDTV website use the JavaScript for effects. There are popular javascript libraries available on the Internet for free. You'll have to learn JavaScript to be able to use those libraries. They are very effective & powerful!

Look here for similar effect: https://guitarbean.com/topic/javascript-horizontal-accordion/index.html

&
a detailed tutorial is available here: https://www.leigeber.com/2008/05/horizontal-javascript-accordion-menu/
hi Nishtha

Welcome to CE family

Want to get into web design Great!!
innovative gallery of simple websites

https://www.css-website.com/

also check out this

phatfusion : image menu

hi Nishtha
Welcome to ce..
If you are new web designing..It would be more better if you learn html first..once you become familiar with all tags.and basic..Like how to use the page effectively...then you can jump..to learning jsp..in that case..It will be very beneficial in order to be a good web developer
sarveshgupta
sarveshgupta • Nov 10, 2009
Ya you are right... first step is HTML

if you are fine with it move to new things like CSS : it helps customising the pages according to your own wish like standard templates

and by this time you will be able to understand javascript

start with the basics and gradually as you practice with small examples you will surely get better and better

all the best
Nishtha Pundir
Nishtha Pundir • Nov 12, 2009
Thanx a lot to every1, thanx for responding that soon....

and yes i've done HTML basics, even hav worked with CSS and Javascript a bit....

i've been researching on this site(ndtv.com) for a long time, and have found other good things, and also i found the method that have been used for these hypenlinks:
onmouseover="javascript:slideRight('div1');" onmouseout="javascript:slideLeft('div1' );">

but i didnt recognised them, and even when i searched about this code, i was unable to find anything...

now i'll go through the links suggested by u, and if any further problem will occur, hope u'll keep guiding me...
sarveshgupta
sarveshgupta • Nov 12, 2009
yes sure you are always welcome on ce
Aashish Joshi
Aashish Joshi • Nov 12, 2009
visit this website for help on web designing, HTML, DHTML, Javascript, etc..

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

Very useful if you have a basic idea and want to go into details
Guttu
Guttu • Nov 12, 2009
The_Big_K
Hello Nishtha -

Welcome to CE. The icons on the top on NDTV website use the JavaScript for effects. There are popular javascript libraries available on the Internet for free. You'll have to learn JavaScript to be able to use those libraries. They are very effective & powerful!

Look here for similar effect: Horizontal Accordion Javascript Effect

&
a detailed tutorial is available here: Horizontal JavaScript Accordion 1kb - Web Development Blog
Cool effects. I'll surely consider using these. 😁

Share this content on your social channels -