new to the site

hi,
i am new to this site, can anybody tell me how to find someone related to my field, my field is computer science.
can anybody tell me that why threads are used when there is already a mechanism of CPU time sharing among running processes.

regards

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hi Sana welcome to CE.

There is section for Computer science in Technical Discussions section.

Here is the link #-Link-Snipped-#

Please post your question there in a new thread such that many people will answer you!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Sana. CE is a forum - that means you just have to describe your question in appropriate section of CE forums and then wait for other like minded people to answer.

Also, I'd encourage you to go through the existing discussions in various forums and reply to others questions/ideas etc.

We hope you will enjoy CE 😀

The best way to start is by introducing yourself in our Introductions section: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Welcome to CE
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    hi,...welcome to CE .........

there are different sections in CE forum you can go to any one you are interested in .........they are category wise for convenience ....
  • itchap
    itchap
    Welcome to CE.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    sana malik
    hi,
    can anybody tell me that why threads are used when there is already a mechanism of CPU time sharing among running processes.

regards
    Hi Sana welcome to CE Family😎

A process that has many threads can do many things at once. It can execute many parts of its code at the same time.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    welcome to CE..you can go with the forum jump option in last of the page .or you can use search facility for any thread you want.
  • inbapuvi
    inbapuvi
    welcome to CE sana
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hi sana..!

Welcome to our CE family..! Hope you will enjoy CE...!
  • sana malik
    sana malik
    inbapuvi
    welcome to CE sana
    hi, thanx to welcome me to the site. i find it very interesting and informative. can i discuss problems related to my research topic with u?

regards
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @sana: Yes, you can. Just post your query in appropriate section of CE Forums.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the most famous products by Thoughtworks - 'Mingle' now mingles with Google Wave. Mingle is an agile project management tool that now supports twitter like microblogging platform and...
i have studied B.E EEE, now i am joining an electrical construction company as fresher .so i require some assistance regarding commercial wiring, cable glanding,termination,ups installation, earthing. thank you in...
DNA India Report: Ignou seeks report from Yahoo on collapse of online exam - dnaindia.com About 9,350 students were supposed to appear in the test for admission into the diploma...
CEans, I'm planning to write a series of articles on how to face interviews for fresh engineering graduates. I've had opportunity to interview lot of fresh engineering graduates. Over the...
Source: TechCrunch It seems that couple of Gmail IMAP users are facing a strange bug with Gmail. All the unread mails are automatically marked as 'Read'. The bug occurs when...