New rule required

Well we know that several leechers come here with out any inputs request us to do their projects and I have seriously been amused by the responses they get from CE regular members

Right now a newer issue is showing its root better to be nicked in the developmental stages itself

There where posts here asking us to solve this sum or that with out any info of the poster doing any work for solving the sum. This is not an attractive sign (I know most regulars agree to this )

It is better if a new code of rule is initiated that no help to HW related works be done if the poster has not given a valid attempt at solving the problem himself. If it is found that the person is stuck really then the members can help the person out of their issue

What do you say mods ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've experimented with that but most of the users tend to believe in breaking the rules than following them. We've decided to move on than setting up new rules. Yes, it can be frustrating; but we'll try to be helpful towards everyone. Not sure if there can be anything that'd prevent such postings that ask for readymade stuff.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    We've experimented with that but most of the users tend to believe in breaking the rules than following them. We've decided to move on than setting up new rules. Yes, it can be frustrating; but we'll try to be helpful towards everyone. Not sure if there can be anything that'd prevent such postings that ask for readymade stuff.
    Well yeah Biggie in some forums they have specialized HW forum itself but they offer help only if the poster has given a valid attempt at solving the sum other wise no help of any sort is got

That is why asked
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harsh responses to users usually drives them away. The best thing to do is reply asking for more information and provide the users with suggestions.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sure Big Guy no worries We will do the best we can and encourage the new comers more
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I remember my old days in deathsoft.com where leechers were literally mind effing so we with owner decided to not answer any member with less than 10 rep point (here we have likes, there we use to have reputation)
    And we kept growing with skilled members & not noob leechers. We can do same here.
    5 skilled engineers > 500 leech members, Period.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Our ranking system is due for upgrade; but it's going to require at least a day or two for me to really 'think it out'. If some of you can come up with ideas and who should be called 'what'; we might just come up with a system that accounts the number of likes received as a basis of promotion to the next usergroup.

Does that make sense?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    Our ranking system is due for upgrade; but it's going to require at least a day or two for me to really 'think it out'. If some of you can come up with ideas and who should be called 'what'; we might just come up with a system that accounts the number of likes received as a basis of promotion to the next usergroup.

Does that make sense?
    Hey I found this feature in EDAboard man this is cool Instead of likes they use helped me and special points are allocated for each helped me a person gets

At the same time the MODS and incharges have right to award negative points for posts if the contents are irrelevant

Come on We can remove the second half but we can replace like with helped me that will be more helpful to us
  • lal
    lal
    What if the asker is a newbie but still a skilled person? Does he have to wait till he get 10 likes to ask a question. That wouldn't be appreciated by anyone.
    Well, though there are a lot of one time users (im not sure if they should be called leechers) here, our CE family is filled with a lot of skilled persons. I dont think CE's reputation is in anyway affected by so called leechers.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Not really that friend #-Link-Snipped-# we find lots of posts here stating help me in this and that and then they just vanish worse than this is they post some silly concepts as big questions

They degrade the view of other Pros who come here for intellectual info from around the world

These posts just add server load as some of the posts need millions of clarification for us to post a simple reply this is not a good sign at all in the least
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the only way to attract more 'talent' than 'leechers' is that we have high-quality discussions on CE. That'd surely attract the experts to participate here. If each one of us can initiate high quality discussions and make sure that our responses are high quality as well; then we'll surely grow the way we want. Of course, there will always be people who'll ask for ready made stuff. Why not just keep our attitude helpful for everyone?
  • lal
    lal
    @jeffry, I understand that now buddy. But I would like to remind that every intellectual is a newbie first.

#-Link-Snipped-#, what I think about the present scenario here in our forum is that not much new threads are created, but whatever reply our members post are really genuine and of high quality. And i believe we need to rejuvenate our CE-Labs with live projects, working hacks and real life project discussions. Are we not a little too much bound by discussions alone?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's actually quality and quantity both - no compromise can be made anywhere if we really want to grow faster. We're expanding - and I'll make relevant announcements soon. The direction we're taking for our growth is exciting. Wait for the announcements in coming weeks.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    It's actually quality and quantity both - no compromise can be made anywhere if we really want to grow faster. We're expanding - and I'll make relevant announcements soon. The direction we're taking for our growth is exciting. Wait for the announcements in coming weeks.
    Eager for that and also for the new ideas in CE labs
    lal
    @jeffry, I understand that now buddy. But I would like to remind that every intellectual is a newbie first.

#-Link-Snipped-#, what I think about the present scenario here in our forum is that not much new threads are created, but whatever reply our members post are really genuine and of high quality. And i believe we need to rejuvenate our CE-Labs with live projects, working hacks and real life project discussions. Are we not a little too much bound by discussions alone?
  • lal
    lal
    Sure biggie. Waiting for that eagerly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we received more info from other members here we decided to discuss technical topics related to any field not primarily focusing on any branch as in the previous cases...
How can you detect that the particular fuel injector is not working properly.??
Friends apache hadoop is in trend. An open source software framework that supports data intensive distributive applications, licensed under apache v2 license. It enables application to work with thousands of...
The venture capital ecosystem in India needs an urgent improvement if we really want to see people adopting entrepreneurship as a career option. I've seen something amazing in recent times...
Hello, I looking for my younger brother to join an engineering course in IITs. There has been a lot of confusion in my mind about the structure of the new...