New Revised GRE Vocabulary - Words Related to Music
- Accompaniment - A musical part that supports or partners a solo instrument, voice, or group.
- Adagio - In slow tempo
- Allegro - At a brisk tempo
- Alto - A voice, instrument, or part below the highest range and above tenor, in particular.
- Andante - In a moderately slow tempo
- Bar - In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of time defined by a given number of beats of a given duration.
- Baritone - An adult male singing voice between tenor and bass.
- Bass - A voice, instrument, or sound of the lowest range, in particular.
- Canon - A composition that employs a melody with one or more imitations of the melody played after a given duration
- Choral - Composed for or sung by a choir or chorus.
- Dynamics - refers to the volume of a sound or note, but can also refer to every aspect of the execution of a given piece, either stylistic (staccato, legato etc.) or functional (velocity).
- Ensemble - A group of musicians, actors, or dancers who perform together.
- Melismatic - It is the singing of a single syllable of text while moving between several different notes in succession. Music sung in this style is referred to as melismatic, as opposed to syllabic, where each syllable of text is matched to a single note..
- Presto - In a quick tempo.
- Score - a written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages
- Soprano - The highest of the four standard singing voices.
- Staff / Staves - A set of horizontal lines and intermediate spaces used in notation to represent a sequence of pitches, in modern notation normally consisting of five lines and four spaces. Also called stave.
- Symphony - An orchestral concert.
- Tenor - The highest natural adult male voice.
- Timbre - The combination of qualities of a sound that distinguishes it from other sounds of the same pitch and volume.
- Triad - A chord of three tones, especially one built on a given root tone plus a major or minor third and a perfect fifth.
raminjprall ur posts are simply superb.......Abrakadabra....😀 😀 continue ur great work....😀 😀
Whats In NameWant to improve your vocabulary,find synonyms without an internet connection.
Just type any word in MS-Word and press Shift+F7,and Woah!,Magic!
You are reading an archived discussion.
We always need ideas about initiating various discussions. I just had an idea that we could share a 'Featured Engineering Video' on any topic relevant to the branch. There is...
After more than 30 years, the space shuttle era has come to a close. Space shuttle Atlantis and the STS-135 crew landed safely on runway 15 at 5:57 a.m. EDT...
If you pride yourself in your geekery, then there are a few things that are essential to your office. Whether you fancy yourself a minimalist, a bit extravagant or somewhere...
Hey all, I am new here... I am a computer science student and i am hoping for a good stay here..!!!!!
I've been following Zeitgeist videos for quite some time now and they seem to be quite optimistic about the usage of Geothermal energy. I stumbled upon this source: Friedmanpedia /...