New Pocket Sized Raspberry Pi 3 Launched At $35

On the morning of its fourth birthday, the Raspberry pi foundation has decided to launch Raspberry pi 3, the worthy successor of the very popular Raspberry pi 2, flaunting the same price tag. The credit card sized computer on a chip has greatly influenced peoples’ lives since its inception. With the production of eight million units, the Raspberry foundation has grown up to become one of the most discussed educational charities and has generously shared useful add-ons in their official website.

Priced reasonably at $35, the Raspberry pi 3 offers a 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor. This model is fully compatible with the earlier releases i.e. Rpi 1 and Rpi2. Connectivity wise, the UK spin off company has increased wireless networking support with an embedded 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1. Raspberry pi 3 also boasts of a new Broadcom Soc version BCM2837, which is compatible with its predecessors, the BCM2835 and BCM2836 version. As the primary architecture remains same, all projects done in the earlier versions will work perfectly well in the newest release.

raspberry_pi3
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

The raspberry pi was initially introduced to educate kids. However, the sophistication in the system and innumerable advantages lured the industries to place their bets on it. All the ports are placed in the same position and sports the same functionality. The computer would still be powered by a 5V micro-USB power adapter, but extensive power consuming peripherals or devices are recommended to be synced using a 2.5A adapter.

As per the press release, the Raspberry pi 3 is exclusively available from element14, RS Components and other reseller partners. As far as the OS is concerned, the latest raspbian OS via NOOBS installer is recommended. In future, the company will decide whether the system would need to move to a 64-bit system, or the current 32 bit is sufficient. The research and development section of the Raspberry pi is supported by the University of Cambridge, Wolfram, mythic beasts and Olswang.

Watch Raspberry Pi 3:

Source: Raspberry Pi Foundation blog: news, announcements, stories, ideas

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone , I am OMKAR computer technology student and I want to know some amazing and new topics for my mimi project in this semester. Comments and advice, ideas...
how can i clear my gate exam ?iam doing mechanical engineering 2 year .is this the correct time to start for preparation?
All, I am currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Bath and I am in the process of developing a DIY portable wind turbine made from...
All, I am currently a final year Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Bath and I am in the process of developing a DIY portable wind turbine made from...
Dr. Pradeep Bhardwaj, CEO of Six Sigma High Altitude Medical Services for Rescue, says his company has developed a software application for mobile phones to help locate people trapped in...