new or old GRE which one shall i take?

hey everyone!
I have to give GRE exam but i am confused which one shall I give new or old pattern. I am not taking any coaching that means i am preparing myself, so which one will be easier for me? I think it's the old one because antonyms and analogy section can be easily answered by craming and mathematics section will have only one correct answer which will help save time. What do you think?
But the revised pattern's cheaper for august. Could it be that for the first time they will put a bit simpler paper( I know, am just hoping)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You never 'give' an exam - you always 'take' an exam.

No one knows how the questions will be in the new pattern. The only thing that will help is thorough preparation. Make sure that the dates are available and you have enough preparation time.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There are a lot of speculations going on if the revised GRE pattern would be easier or not. But no one can say much about it.

If you have already started preparing for the old GRE and if dates are still available, you should go in for the old one. There is hell lot of material available for the old one and you have 2-3 months to get yourself ready.

If by any chance, you don't score very good in the old GRE, you always have the option to take it again in the new pattern. 😀
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    i am giving a full and final try this june. not going for the new pattern because again will have to study the pattern and strategize accordingly. the money factor also counts. still 2 months to go. will try my best.
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    They should not lower the difficulty. It should remain the same. But as we have a lot of material available for the old pattern, I feel it would be nice to go for the old one itself!
  • jkj
    jkj
    thank you all i'll give a try in july
  • shivgan3
    shivgan3
    [video=youtube;Q-XlJhRPFeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-XlJhRPFeI[/video]
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    It is better to take the GRE in old pattern as the new pattern seems too tough to handle and since there is a lot of competition for the old ones, even that becomes tougher now (in terms of numbers taking the test)! 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys !!! 😀... I m new here ... bt feels nt so isolated to be wth crazy engineers ;-).. I m in my 3rd year of Btech in ECE...
Hey guys, I'm doing a project on wireless notice board, and my codes are in assembly language 1. The wireless module is zigbee, and it's from pc to PIC, 2....
Hi friends, I wanted to do a summer internship.I wanted info about various companies related to Mechanical like Alfa Laval,Mahindra & Mahindra etc which are located in Maharashtra,Bharat.I would be...
I'm doing B.Tech EEE .. I'm really confused of selecting ma higher studies... I need to earn good salary... Plz help me
hello CEans I am not able to open my icons.....whenever i am trying to do so its not opening.....i have tried to restore it but of no use.....i tried to...