New Internal Imaging Robot Helps Doctors In Emergency Situations

The use of robotics in medical field isn't new. But this new Japanese internal imaging robot helps the doctors like no one else, especially during emergency situations. The robot, currently under development by a research group at the Waseda University under the leadership of Dr. Hiroyasu Iwata will help doctors quickly capture images of patient's internals for bleeding and the doctors are able to control it remotely. If a person is injured in an accident, the robot can provide all the necessary information to the doctors while the patient is being rushed to the hospital in the ambulance. That doctors can prepare for the operation even before the patient actually reaches the operation theatre.

internal-imaging-robot

The robot just weighs about 2.2 kg and can be attached to the patient's chest using a belt and can be used anywhere as long as there's a network connection available. The ultrasound probe then moves over the affected area and captures images. If there's internal bleeding, then it appears as black shadows.

The team is currently performing tests and making sure that the device passes through the legal barriers. They expect the robot to be ready for use within next 3 years.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Impressive innovation in the application of Robotics.Japan dominates the techno world and it lend its hands on medical field also.
    But I am waiting to see the comercial usage of NANOBOTS

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

XOLO Play T1000 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs.15,999. The company that's trying to outshine the fierce competition from Micromax, Lava, Lemon, Spice and Karbonn...
Okay, we didn't make up that headline, except the 'Playstation 5' & 'Xbox Two' names; but the later part of the headline comes directly from the man who observes the...
Though it's prominently listed on the site, I wanted to start a discussion on the same. I'd be interested to know how many engineering students on this site are taking...
There are lot of discussions for DAC and DESD course, but i need to know about WiMC course and its placement scenario/opportunities. I appeared for CDAC july 2013 and my...
Apple recently announce the refreshed MacBook Air 2013 with a brand new Intel Haswell processor and 9-12 hours of battery life. While the Apple branded laptops have received all thumbs...