New HTML 5 Logo By W3C

W3C has revealed new HTML 5 logo and it looks like this -

#-Link-Snipped-#
HTML 5 Logo

Note that the logo is not official yet.

W3C has following description of the logo -

It stands strong and true, resilient and universal as the markup you write. It shines as bright and as bold as the forward-thinking, dedicated web developers you are. It's the standard's standard, a pennant for progress. And it certainly doesn't use tables for layout.

The FAQ For the Logo, as published here: W3C HTML5 Logo FAQ

Who is this logo for?

Anyone interested in, and building upon, the HTML5 family of technologies.

What does this logo mean?

The logo is a general-purpose visual identity for a broad set of open web technologies, including HTML5, CSS, SVG, WOFF, and others. In addition to the HTML5 logo there are icons for eight high level technology classes enabled by the HTML5 family of technologies. The icons can be used to highlight more specific abilities, such as offline, graphics, or connectivity.

Does this logo imply validity?

No, this logo does not imply validity or conformance.

How is this work licensed?

The logo, icons, and website are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0

The license says I need to attribute my usage or derivative work.Who do I attribute this to?

This work is attributed to the W3C.

Can I put this logo on stickers, t-shirts, etc?

Yes, please, we encourage creative uses of the logo! Be creative, have fun, and show your support.

Can I change the colors and size of the logo?

Yes. (See the earlier question on how the logo is licensed.)

Is this W3C's "official" logo for HTML5?

Not yet. W3C introduced this logo in January 2011 with the goal of building community support. W3C has not yet taken it up in any official capacity. If, as W3C hopes, the community embraces the logo, W3C will adopt it as its own official logo for HTML5 in the first quarter of 2011.
Who else is using this logo?

html5rocks.com, Modernizr, Internet Explorer Test Drive, Microsoft's Beauty of the Web, and host of other sites and apps have implemented some component of the logo and icons. Check out our gallery for a growing number of adopters.

Are HTML5 technologies ready to use?

Yes. HTML5 here refers to a broad set of technologies at varying degrees of adoption and standardization. You don't need to wait for all of them to be finished in order to start using them. You can start today! We are excited to release this logo to help you show your support.

I have a question, who can I contact?

Please send comments to site-comments@w3.org

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The new smart phone from Samsung called S5830 may have different official names. The company says the name will vary depending on the country it will be launched in. Samsung...
Tikona Digital Networks ready to acquire HCL Infinet. The deal is subject to approval by regulatory approvals. There's no official word on the details of the acquisition and pricing. Harsh...
The Chinese dragon is eating rival Google's lunch, at least in China. The Chinese search engine giant beat Google and gained the #1 rank in China. At present, Baidu's market...
Starting January 20th, 2011 all mobile network operators in India have launched MNP aka Mobile Number Portability service. The top question almost everyone is asking is whether MNP allows switching...
First look at this new Gizmo makes you believe that it’s unreal or that it belongs to some sci-fi movie. The new bizarre UR-110 uses planetary gear arrangement for both...