C) The two quantities are equal.
D) The relationship cannot be determined from the information given

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    question

A. |x – 5| – |a – b|

B. |b – a| – |5 – x|

Compare Quantity A and Quantity B using the information given above, and select one of the following answer choices:
    A) Quantity A is greater.
    B) Quantity B is greater.
    C) The two quantities are equal.
    D) The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Cape Cod Cookies makes cookies of identical size from batches of cookie dough weighing 600 ounces. Cape Cod Cookies decides to modify the recipe by decreasing the weight of each cookie by 1 ounce. If Cape Cod Cookies discovers that it is now able to make 30 more cookies using the same batch of dough weighing 600 ounces, how much did each cookie originally weigh?

A.) 2
    B.) 3
    C.) 4
    D.) 5
    E.) 6
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A survey was sent to 80 customers, 7 of whom responded. Then the survey was redesigned and sent to another 63 customers, 9 of whom responded. By approximately what percent did the response rate increase from the original survey to the redesigned survey?

A.) 2%
    B.) 5%
    C.) 14%
    D.) 28%
    E.) 63%
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    1) A

The first series has all positive terms. In the second series, from around 8th term, the terms become negative. So, the earlier positive term are effectively cancelled out. I didnt work it out fully, though..

2) B

A is always negative and B is always positive.

3) D

4) B
  • anujd1488
    anujd1488
    1)a 2)b 3)d 4)b
    can some1 pls explain me the 2nd question
    if the number line divided between a and 10 are all equal in length then da answer b is correct
    but in the question it is not mentioned anywhere dat they are equal
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ It's not necessary that they are equal.

As I mentioned above, quantity A turns out to be always negative, and quantity B is always positive. So, B is always greater.

You can probably check it.. I'll only explain the trivial case, probably..

A is |x-5| - |a-b|, and
    B is |b-a| - |5-x|

a is negative. Assume some small value to it, say -1
    b is between 5 and 10 ==> assume 6
    x is between b and 10 ==> assume 7

Now, quantity A is |7-5| - |-1-6| = |2| - |-7| = 2-7 = -5
    quantity B is |6-(-1)| - |5-7| = 7-2 = 5

You can try other values.. But whatever the values, A will be negative and B will be positive.
    Hence the answer.. 😀
  • anujd1488
    anujd1488
    hey pls post some new quants questions ....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dennis Ricthie, the developer of "C" language and UNIX passed away yesterday. The world is goona miss him....😔
Blackberry service outage since last few hours has been affecting thousands of BB users across the world. The problem that initiated in Europe and Middle East soon spread across various...
😀😀 i am doing ME in embedded system technologies. please help me to find a project for my course.
What exactly is Youtube Space Lab? Well, Youtube with Lenovo, in cooperation with Space Adventures, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Japan Aerospace...
Mr. Raj Dutt, the CEO of APIC Corp and Photonic is an IIT Kharagpur Alumnus. His company has developed an energy efficient next-generation chip that has impressed the Pentagon. THe...