New GRE pattern!!!

hey!!
i hope evry1 knws d change in GRE pattern frm dis oct!! so how many of u r planning to prepone d idea of givin the GRE exam....i mean b4 dis october!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    New Gre - Old GRE

I hope following will be of some help to GRE takers. Have a look at New GRE pattern -

New GRE
    (Starting October 2006)

-Two Verbal sections*
    40-minute each
    No more analogy and antonym questions will include more
    >> Critical reading
    >> Sentence equivalence questions
    Score: 120-179

-Computer Based Test (CBT) —each student taking that administration receives the same questions in the same order

- Two Quantitative sections*
    40-minute each
    quantitative reasoning skills tested more thoroughly
    fewer geometry questions more “real-life word problems ” and data interpretation questions
    >> New on-screen calculator
    Score: 120-179

- 2 essays: 30 minutes each for the Issue and Argument essays
    >> More specific essay questions
    >> Grad schools can see actual essays
    Score: 0-6

-Total Time: 4 Hours

-Administration: Year-round 30 fixed test dates per year

*One section may be experimental and number of questions yet to be decided
  • aniruddh_02
    aniruddh_02
    can u tell me more abt new patten.....is it favourable to take gre bfore oct

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

pals...... i dont know but people say two things... 1. Love is blind 2. Marriage is a eye opener ..... dont know.....and God knows how they can sync these sentances........
Any takers? Back in 1994-95, Yahoo, Lycos & Infoseek dominated the search market. Well, old folks are still making rounds while the new players (Google) emerged! On December 23, 2002...
Does anyone know of companies takin on apprentices, I have to move Jobs, :? n I'm looking for new company in Kent? Any suggestions?
Thoughts On ‘Morning Walk’ Thought of this while driving back home & listening to music 😁 . Think about it- Doctors have advised ‘Morning Walk’ to patients and even to...
Let's dedicate this place to Puzzle Busters! The CE Genius Team 8) Note# Google / Yahoo / MSN is banned for the team here. Use only brainz , no internet!...