New GRE 2011 Data Interpretation Sample Questions
1. Which of the following can be correctly deduced from the data? (Select ALL that apply)
A. The total number of Techno magazines printed over the given 6-month period was less than 200,000
B. In May approximately 28,000 copies of Techno magazine were sold
C. The average (arithmetic mean) monthly number of copies of Techno printed in this period was less than 30,000
2. Between which two of the months shown was there a twenty percent rise in online advertising revenues?
A. January and February
B. February and March
C. March and April
D. April and May
E. May and June
3. If in February each magazine printed cost $1.50 to produce, which of the following is closest to the fraction of the production costs that were covered by the advertising revenues from the print version?
4. The total advertising revenues (printed version + online version) were highest in which of the following months?
5. During the six-month period shown, the median number of copies printed per month was most nearly
SOLVE THESE QUESTIONS HERE.
Answers will be discussed within few days.
anujd1488answers are 1)ac 2)c 4)e 5)a
i didnt understood the 3rd question kindly pls reply asap
Ankita KatdareAnswer to the 3rd question is "B"
The number of magazines printed in February was approx. 30,000. At $1.50 each, the total cost to print was $45,000.
The printed version gave advertising revenues of approx. $17,000 for the same month.
The question now requires you to calculate 17,000 as a fraction of 45,000. If you use your calculator to divide 17 by 45 you will get 0.3777. This value is close to 0.4 which is equivalent to 4/10 or 2/5.
Another approach is to use the answer choices. If we take 1/5 of 45,000 we get 9,000 which is too small, as we are trying to get 17,000. Two fifths would be twice as much i.e. 18,000 which is a bit larger than we need. But three fifths would be much too large. Hence 2/5 is the closest.
And the answer to the 5th question is "B".
You have got all other answers correctly. 👍
anujd1488are my other answers correct??
anujd1488can u pls put more questions on data interpretation ?? i need it as my exam is on 1st of dec
You are reading an archived discussion.
Refer to the above table of numbers of authors and titles for XYZ Publishers. Solve these questions: 1. Over the whole five 5-year periods shown in the table, in which...
What according to you are the top start-up mistakes? I gave it some thought and came up with following list: 1) Not thinking of survival. 2) Trying to do it...
I for one, feel that startup owners face severe hardships since they choose a road less travelled and it's often very difficult 'to be on our own' almost 24*7. Hundreds...
If you want to enjoy forumla 1 race status updates from the Buddh Racing track; here's how to do it - Keyword: @f1: Live status of the race Keyword: @f1.previous...
I wonder whether most of the engineers are after regular 10-5 jobs. Looks like no one is curious about entrepreneurship or willing to learn more about it. Do we not...