New GRE 2011-12 Quants Multiple Choice Questions

1. Each employee of a certain company is in either Department X or Department Y, and there are more than twice as many employees in Department X as in Department Y. The average (arithmetic mean) salary is $25,000 for the employees in Department X and is $35,000 for the employees in Department Y. Which of the following amounts could be the average salary for all of the employees in the company?
Indicate all such amounts.

• $26,000
  • $28,000
  • $29,000
  • $30,000
  • $31,000
  • $32,000
  • $34,000

2. If f, g, and h are positive integers, f is a factor of g, and g is a factor of h, which of the following statements must be true?
Indicate all such statements.

• f is a factor of [​IMG]
  • f is a factor of gh.
  • f is a factor of h - g.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Questions of this type ask you either to enter the answer as an integer or a decimal in a single answer box or to enter it as a fraction in...
😔I have to do an assignment about the Shielding Performance of IT cable. Could you guys give me an idea of what are the performances of shielded cable?
Questions of this type ask you to compare two quantities — Quantity A and Quantity B — and then determine which of four statements describes the comparison. 1. Quantity A...
​ 1. Approximately how many people are in the production and transportation sector of the workforce? 9 million 12 million 15 million 18 million 21 million 2. Approximately what fraction...
Hello, this is Rajesh. I am an Electronics and Instrumentation engineer and I want to discuss the recent technologies in power electronics.