Network Engineering

Hi,
I was select selected by Accenture in my final semester and I was sent for training in pune in Oracle apps domain. But i was hoping of getting Java. But my interest lies towards networking. Here in accenture we have a policy which tells we can change the skill and leave the project only after a period of 18 months. I have decided to take CCNA course on weekends outside and will be talking to my TLs about me wanting to change the technology to networking as they have to approve it on a tool and then i will get assessment call from the next particular technology interviewers from accenture. My plan is to change within accenture, work in networking and then switch to different company as the next company will ask me my experience in this and I am working on oracle apps not networking. So i just wanted to take your expertise on this decision and choice of networking good / bad.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - You seem to be on the right path. If you are genuinely interested in making a career in networking; you'll definitely be successful in it. I'd however recommend that you should keep exploring all the opportunities so that you know what the companies are recruiting for and what skills are important.

Because you won't be making a switch to networking, gain 2-4 years of experience in it and then make a switch to your dream job or dream company. This is a long-term decision and you'll have to treat it that way.

All the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been an Android developer at a startup for over 2 years now. I have worked on several projects that have given me a deep understanding of Android OS and...
Engineering community is all about sharing of new ideas. This year, the Indian Minister of Railways, Suresh Prabhu, in the Railway Budget 2016-17, announced plans to set up a dedicated,...
This machine Design Article may trigger some ideas: Marketing Your Invention on a Shoestring
Born and brought up in Mumbai, Neha Bagaria graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with majors in Finance, Marketing and MIS. She had always been a...
Indian Internet access and telecommunication house Reliance has recently given birth to the low-end Lyf F8 in the market. Having Flipkart as their exclusive delivery channel, the phone has already...