nero burning problem

at the time of writing a dvd due to some error the dvd ejects out from the optical drive.
after that when i reinsert that dvd it asks to insert a writable dvd.
but at that time there is nothing writed in the dvd and the properties show that
used space=0
free space=0
total space=0
is there is a way to fix this problem and that dvd can be writable.

Replies

• rohit330
    rohit330
    well, if the burning procedure has started at that time, i guess it cannot be use to burn the same data again..How much percentage it was, at the time when error occured? Anyway, if it was not a multisession, the disc cannot be used with nero.. To utilize the space, you can try windows default burning software...

Regards
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    If a burning process is interrupted before it is complete, then the CD/DVD will always be unusable. This is because, after the actual data to be burned had been written, the disk has to be closed. I think this is called Lead-in/Lead-out!! If this is not done, then the disk will be rendered useless!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    mad_scientist
    If a burning process is interrupted before it is complete, then the CD/DVD will always be unusable. This is because, after the actual data to be burned had been written, the disk has to be closed. I think this is called Lead-in/Lead-out!! If this is not done, then the disk will be rendered useless!!
    Absolutely make sense.

If the burning process was initiated by NERO and it was interupted intermittantely, due to some error, and disc ejected. There is no way you can use this disc again for writing.

Meanwhile which OS you are using?

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans! Name: Abhinav...(ABHI) *Engineering Trade: Electronics and telecommunication final year Location: pune *Occupation: student *Hobbies & Interests: playing badminton,TT,animation,reading books,robotics *Aim in life: least not done yet *I joined...
i have been assigned a task to make a dongle using ARM7....but i dont know what the hell is to be done... i m given the task of writing bluetooth...
Hello everyone. I need to design a blower for cool the heat sink modules of inverters. So i need to get flow output of 2900 m3/hr. for i would like...
i have got a circuit for mobile detector and i am not sure how to increase the range of the detector. i shall post full details of the circuit and...
hi i just saw an article about sleeping policeman to generate electricity,iam interested to do project in this topic.suggest me useful ideas/links to complete this project. I will more grateful...