Neptune Canada Project - Underwater Ocean Observatory Connected To Internet

Neptune Canada is a one of a kind regional scale project that is an underwater ocean observatory. It is operational since 2009 and people can literally surf the sea floor while scientists can conduct under water experiments from labs across the world.

Traditionally, ocean scientists have relied on infrequent ship cruises or space-based satellites to carry out their research, while the NEPTUNE project uses remotely operated crawler.

NEPTUNE is an acronym for North-East Pacific Time-series Undersea Networked Experiments.

Check the virtual tour around the NEPTUNE Canada ocean observatory network, narrated by director Chris Barnes here:

[video=youtube_share;ZXkfwQWxGzA]https://youtu.be/ZXkfwQWxGzA[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, I recently completed my B.E. in Biomedical Engineering and will be entering into a M.Eng program for Biomedical Engineering at Cornell University. Seeing that the field of BME...
I recently installed Incredimail and found that it altered the default search engine settings in the URL bar. That is, when instead of entering URL, if I entered a keyword...
Binary Search is one way to find some element, say ITEM, in a linear (one dimensional) array which is sorted in some order. This order may be ascending or descending...
Can someone post the selection process in caterpillar? I could not find out the previous year placement papers of caterpillar. Please share some of the questions in this thread.
Thanks to the advancement in the technology and the simultaneous growth of human knowledge, technology does not seem safe anymore. One of the leading blogging tool and publisher tool, WordPress...