Negotiation Is A Key To Success [Finance For Engineers]

" Let us never negotiate out of fear but never fear to negotiate." John F. Kennedy
images

Negotiation is an art. Negotiations are an important part of any business deal. Each party has some interest when they put their negotiation skills at the business table to negotiate. To be successful in negotiation you have to do your homework, you have to know what you can concede to, what can be further negotiated and when to put your foot down and be assertive. Sometimes you have to give something to gain another. Negotiation takes place everyday at so many places, for ex: while buying vegetables, deciding the pay scale etc. then why not use our negotiation skills while buying a financial product to get a better deal.

Various financial entities have different rate and fee structure prescribed and they charge the consumer based on that. If negotiated these charges can be reduced. If the customer is reputed and loyal then the charges may be completely waived. In such a case it is bound to have a positive and a considerable impact on the amount that you are shelling out.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think most of the people do not know that they can negotiate when buying a financial product. Let's say I'm buying a policy from HDFC; is there a chance of negotiating the total investment I need to make, the instalments I need to pay et al?

Would be nice if you could take up a practical example of negotiation and how negotiations can be done. 👍
  • Shrikant Bedekar
    Shrikant Bedekar
    Various entities have a prescribed fee structure. Lets say there is processing fee, administration fee for a loan, if you negotiate they may waive it or charge you less.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Do put in practical examples in detail. Readers are more keen on how to apply a rule in real life more than just reading one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"Do something. If it works, do more of it if it doesn't do something else." Franklin D. Roosevelt​ Internet is a 21st century guide, philosopher, friend and it can be...
It's the friendly route of collaboration that sees together two major tech-giants, Google and Samsung, both of whom make headlines every now and then for patent infringement lawsuits (thankfully not...
The news has it that Google has acquired the Artificial Intelligence and Robotics startup - 'DeepMind Technologies' beating Facebook Inc. who was reportedly deep in negotiation talks with the company....
Talib a word which literally means "one who seeks knowledge" and yet the word Taliban rings fear in the hearts and minds of many people instantaneously, a word synonymous for...
First ever in India - the Air India aircrafts will offer on-board Wi-Fi Internet to all the passengers, for a fee. The Internet service will be offered throughout its narrow...