Needs some explanation of proverbs

hello friends,

I recently went through some proverbs that were published in a personality development magazine and remained completely alien to some of them

these include

• good wine needs no bush
  • his heart is in his boots
  • facts are stubborn things
  • example is better that pretext
  • every man must carry his own cross
could you please enlighten me with the meanings of these proverbs.
thank you..

Replies

• AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Everyman must carry his own cross: You must have seen that advertisement which says,"Apna luck pehenke chalo". Well, this is something related to the problems in ones life. Every man should carry his own problems and try to solve them. Because at the end of the day your abilities take you distances. 😀
  • AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    his heart in his boots:a state of sadness/sorrow.😭
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Good wine needs no bush : No need to popularize(establish ,advertise) it when something(good,thing,here wine) is already good.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    proffy
    • example is better that pretext
    A pretext is a reason given in justification of a course of action that is not the real reason. Since, it won't be the truth, why won't a solid real-life example be better?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to a recent post by Silicon India, some of the technologies we have enjoyed and used since a long period of time are on the verge of getting exhausted...
CEans, Yesterday, CrazyEngineers experienced the longest unplanned downtime in the history of CE. To make the matters worse, it also blocked our official email IDs during whole the time. Though...
The war between Facebook’s Graph Search and the ones on Google, Yelp, and LinkedIn with people-powered, connections-based search is a BIG one. For the past decade or two, Google has...
Dear All, Can anybody tell me who is the supplier OR manufacturer of Single Phase VFD?
We've a small goodie for all our visitors (and existing members, as well). You may now register on CrazyEngineers with a click of a button - using FB, Twitter &...