Need suggestion for a microcontroller

Hi
I am making a remote control for switching ON and OFF lights in my house. Hope UART is the best method when using IR. Need only 3 input pins at remote controller side . should work with 1.8v . Need internal oscillator. And finally should be cheapest.

Thank You

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sumobot
    Hi
    I am making a remote control for switching ON and OFF lights in my house. Hope UART is the best method when using IR. Need only 3 input pins at remote controller side . should work with 1.8v . Need internal oscillator. And finally should be cheapest.

Thank You
    If you want to ON and OFF only one light then Simple IR is Ok or are you going to use RC5 IR Remote?
    Are you searching for Controller?
  • sumobot
    sumobot
    Ya Sensei, am searching for a microcontroller. i got microchip 12F1822 which is having

PIC12LF1822
    Program Memory 2K
    Data Memory 128B SRAM ,256B (EEPROM)
    I/O’s(1) 6
    10-bit ADC (ch) 4
    CapSense (ch) 4
    Comparators 1
    Timers (8/16-bit) 2/1
    EUSART 1

this costs 0.73$ for 5K pieces. my initial purchase will be limited to around 500

ADC, Capsense, Comparators and finally 2K is not needed.. I am trying to reduce the cost where ever i can.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sumobot
    Ya Sensei, am searching for a microcontroller. i got microchip 12F1822 which is having

PIC12LF1822
    Program Memory 2K
    Data Memory 128B SRAM ,256B (EEPROM)
    I/O’s(1) 6
    10-bit ADC (ch) 4
    CapSense (ch) 4
    Comparators 1
    Timers (8/16-bit) 2/1
    EUSART 1

this costs 0.73$ for 5K pieces. my initial purchase will be limited to around 500

ADC, Capsense, Comparators and finally 2K is not needed.. I am trying to reduce the cost where ever i can.
    Oh ! you are the first who called me Sensei. 😛
    Well i am not in the purchasing department although i know that if you still want to reduce the cost you can go with ValueLine Product from TI and also try Freescale Microcontroller.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends I need help regarding emerging seminar topics if you have any idea please post I'll be thankfull..
Here’s a lecture on phasor analysis which gives information about the relative phase differences between various waveforms in a circuit. Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of Power Electronics Group-IISc...
Watch this video to learn how to calculate the power factor of any load for a given source voltage. This lecture is conducted by Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist...
Look at the different domains of electromagnetic systems. This session lays the groundwork for lectures on transformers and motors.This lecture is conducted by Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of...
Watch this lecture on the electric and magnetic domain of transformers. The discussion includes hysteresis and the associated loss. Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of Power Electronics Group-IISc Bangalore,...