need suggestion about transistor project

i need your suggestion to what project will i will make using a simple and cheap transistor.......
simple and cheap but interesting!!!!
any proposal is highly welcome and appreciated...thanks😐

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Means you want to make project based on the Transistor only?
  • cranky
    cranky
    There are a few interesting things you can do using it as a switch for instance πŸ˜€ if you could give more details,we could help better
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Even light detection and burglar alarm systems can be done. πŸ˜€ Using a PNP and NPN transistor... πŸ˜€ Try the mosquito bat effect, using Tank Oscillator circuit. πŸ˜€
  • busoglusog
    busoglusog
    >godfather.... yes, focus with transistors......you could stuffs like photoresistors and photodiode...can you help me!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You can make Water Level Sensor and MOTOR Control using simple Two-Three Transistor. πŸ˜€
    @GF: Any help from you regarding the circuit diagrams? Coz even I need one... πŸ˜›
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    Doing projects using transistors only were getting old. But for sure if you try doing a project which uses transistor for both switching and amplifying applications then that will sound smart.

busoglusog
    i need your suggestion to what project will i will make using a simple and cheap transistor.......
    simple and cheap but interesting!!!!
    any proposal is highly welcome and appreciated...thanks😐
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    praveenscience
    @GF: Any help from you regarding the circuit diagrams? Coz even I need one... πŸ˜›
    Well that is very Basic Circuit and by using that you can only Control the MOTOR means MOTOR goes ON when water level is below some mark in Tank and MOTOR goes OFF when Tank overflows.
    Hey... What I did was, I made a small balloon float like thing in the tank and placed it on the top. But my logic didn't work because, whenever the balloon drops, the motor starts... πŸ˜” It made the motor to start and stop every 15 minutes!!! πŸ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    praveenscience
    Hey... What I did was, I made a small balloon float like thing in the tank and placed it on the top. But my logic didn't work because, whenever the balloon drops, the motor starts... πŸ˜” It made the motor to start and stop every 15 minutes!!! πŸ˜”
    We can replace Balloon with Some Sensor and some change in logic can solve this problem i think so. πŸ˜€
    First of all, am not sure about the logic itself... πŸ˜”
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    I think keeping the two leads near at a level in the tank may help us. It must be a simple circuit. When the water level reach the level where we kept the leads then the leads get short circuited. isn't this enough to stop a motor?
    praveenscience
    Hey, you wanna electrocute all the people using the water? πŸ˜›
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    praveenscience
    hey you can't do it with balloon because i have observed that balloon moves up and down when there is a wave in water so there be a problem
    and coming to it when by using transistors the circuit becomes large so my suggestion is to use some ICs
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    praba230890
    I think keeping the two leads near at a level in the tank may help us. It must be a simple circuit. When the water level reach the level where we kept the leads then the leads get short circuited. isn't this enough to stop a motor?
    Exactly Praba.

praveenscience
    Hey, you wanna electrocute all the people using the water? πŸ˜›
    It is 5 or 3 Volt DC only. So no problem. πŸ˜›
    How can a Motor run in 5 or 3 V DC... Er... What are you guys talking about??? πŸ˜› A relay???
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    hey we are using this short circuit mechanism as just a sensor. Just as a control circuit not the driving ckt.
    praveenscience
    How can a Motor run in 5 or 3 V DC... Er... What are you guys talking about??? πŸ˜› A relay???
  • busoglusog
    busoglusog
    yes something like that.... i'm
    lack of info
    Yeah, I need to know how does that work... Can you please explain Praba?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    praveenscience
    What is wrong with that?
    That is exactly what I did just yesterday to control the sump pump that fills my overhead tank. I bought a balloon (Rigid, not the toy stuff) float switch, which has a change over contact micro-switch along a small tube fixed along the diameter of the float. A ceramic ball moves along this tube. When the balloon is up the switch comes on as the ball rolls down and presses the micro-switch lever. As the level decreases the balloon starts coming down. Since it is held at one point it reverses orientation> when the level drops enough the balloon reverses the ceramic ball rolls off the lever of the switch, which goes off.
    I could have directly switched the load with this. However, I used the signal to switch a relay that switches the pump on or off depending on the level.
    I added an over riding manual on-off switch to the circuit as I use the same pump to water my garden.
    The problem was, the radius of the range of the balloon hand is very low that the water when it goes down for just even a cm, it starts the motor! πŸ˜”
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    praveenscience
    The problem was, the radius of the range of the balloon hand is very low that the water when it goes down for just even a cm, it starts the motor! πŸ˜”
    Please check this out The level differential is adjustable by the user.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks Bio sir! πŸ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    godfather
    You can make Water Level Sensor and MOTOR Control using simple Two-Three Transistor. πŸ˜€
    Here is one I made for sensing level of distilled water in a tank. It can work at up to 100 k Ohm resistance. In our application the opto-coupler output goes to a processor. It can as well drive a relay. We needed the opto isolation as it is a medical application. We can drive a low voltage relay directly by the collector current of the first transistor if isolation is not needed.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    relay
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    According to my idea we got to place two leads at a very short distance. These leads should be connected with a battery terminals. Now we got to place a coil around any one of the lead. When the leads get short circuited due to increased water level there will be a magnetic field produced in the coil due to current flow. Now we are placing a switch in the supply circuit, i mean in the mains supply to motor. We are placing this switch near the coil in order to open the switch when the coil gets magnetized. Now we are ready to PATENT out little device(for fun). But here while design we need to be careful in deciding the voltage level of the battery as it should be enough to energize the coil to operate the switch.
    praveenscience
    Yeah, I need to know how does that work... Can you please explain Praba?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I have developed a HTML Page and using Javascript ,i m capturing an image from Webcam.Problem is that when we open more tahn one instance of Page ,it flickers.single...
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but Metallica is coming to Gurgaon! The concert is on 28 October. Venue is Leisure Valley, Sector 29, Gurgaon....
hey hi... I m in final year of electrical engg, can anybody plz suggest some project topics based on power systems, protection, or maintainance!!
Hello friend's I have developed a small software which provide the facility to the user to send email using gmail account.But the problem is that most of the sended email...
Hi .... Im surya... doin final b.tech (IT).We are planned to do our project using voice recognition concept. we r planned to control desktop or a system in voice input...