Need Port Forwarding To Play Counter Strike On Server - How To Do It?

what is portforwarding? and how do you do it?
I want to make a server for Counter Strike and when i asked the MTNL guys, they said i need to portforward my ip address..

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Port forwording means... when an incoming connecting is comming to your router, it will forward that perticular port or set of port to specific local IP.
    since you have internet conncetion which has single ip like 10.1.12.123 but in your local network several computers are connceted to that router. now if a CounterStrike request is coming to your network how router will know that where to send that request. so if you router is configured to forword perticular port to your machine only. your machine will be accessible over internet using that port.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a person intrested in automobiles and want to change the automobile industry through stunning new technologies
Found following tech specs comparison chart that puts all the leading phones in the market side by side for specs comparison. Take a look at leave your comment below this...
University of Michigan has compiled an open source catalogue (currently more than 100 entries) of low cost medical devices. The Global Health Medical Device Compendium is hosted by wiki Appropedia....
Great news for Indian Internet users - the NTP aka National Telecom Policy 2012 has been approved and it puts the broadband speed at 2 Mbps minimum. The rural teledensity...
in a microprocessor for instance 8086 how are the address bits separated from the status bits using the latches????????