need information regarding patents

i want to apply for a patent but i do not have physical model of my idea. Can i apply for patent with just theortical model.
I really need to know about this .

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    You will need drawings to support your idea espeacially if it is for a physical model. When you go to the patent agency to patent your idea i am certain they will ask you to produce drawings. Its like this, you will know what is in your head, and you will try to explain it in your own words. People reading what you write may not see the same picture in their heads. This is why the drawings become so important. For this reason i dont think you can use words only to patent a physical creation.
    P.S. Look up some existing patents to see #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Naveen Rathee
    Naveen Rathee
    CE Designer
    You will need drawings to support your idea espeacially if it is for a physical model. When you go to the patent agency to patent your idea i am certain they will ask you to produce drawings. Its like this, you will know what is in your head, and you will try to explain it in your own words. People reading what you write may not see the same picture in their heads. This is why the drawings become so important. For this reason i dont think you can use words only to patent a physical creation.
    P.S. Look up some existing patents to see #-Link-Snipped-#
    thanx for reply
    i will work on drawing and hope gonna complete it till march
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Arthur C Clarke conceived of a grid of Geostationary satellites for communication. Unfortunately this was well before there was any launch vehicle. He could not patent it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A research lead by Gil Yosipovitch, a man described as the "Godfather of itch", on which itch is best for scratching shows that scratching an ankle is hard to beat....
How about a thermal battery that stores cold? https://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-5...in-india/?part=rss&subj=latest-news&tag=title
Tiny three legged bots from Harvard: https://www.gizmag.com/harvard-licenses-kilobot-technology/20591/
can any1 tell me where can I avail online SCADA learning course ???
What is the maximum rating availble or manufactured slipring induction motor,squirel cage IM and of synchronus motor ???