Need Help with GATE

Hello all.
I have given the GATE exam this year and my result is as follows:

Marks Obtained: 27 Out of 100
GATE Score: 327
All India Rank: 18631
No of Candidates Appeared in EC: 137853

So in this regard I have the following queries:
1. Is there any chance of my getting in any NIT(any others are out of the question)?
2. Is the percentile score calculated as 1-(my rank/total no of candidates)?If so What are the chances of getting a good course for a percentile of 86.48?

Expecting some replies.
Thanks a lot.

Replies

• *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    i am nt sure but i think you will not able to get admm in NIT.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @rohithjs: Your chances are pretty low. May be you should try for another attempt.
    I don't want to dishearten you but, there is quite a chunk of people getting above 95 percentile. 😀
  • bhargava.megha
    bhargava.megha
    anyone can suggest me that where i can utilize my gate score card other then for M.TECH in best way(my point is to for any job )
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    YOU can mention it in your resume which will give you +ve point and increment in your salary
  • bhargava.megha
    bhargava.megha
    thanx
    also can i directly use this score card???,my score in gate is just at margin thats why i dont think it will be helpful in searching good college for m.tech
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I think you have one more option. In case you want to do a job in a P.S.U like BHEL you can easily use your score card. They ask you about your GATE score card and they give you different quota. So you have bright chances to get selected. Please see websites of various PSUs for further information. 😀
  • MAULIK_GANDHI
    MAULIK_GANDHI
    1) percentile score doesnt matter... u cant judge anything from percentile... U should see the rank only
    2) u have very less chances of getting NITs at this score unless u r in reserved category.
    3) as you are gate qualified u can apply to various govt. companies hiring from gate score like iocl and many more, u can apply for BARC and such institutes too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[Tech Fest] Paradox 2011 - Its all about Imagineering Final Banner | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Paradox is a National Level Tech Fest organised by the Department of Civil Engineering,...
WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY HOLI CEans. may this festival bring colors to your life. please post your experiences of tomorrows enjoyment here. it will be a great fun.😀
Hey all CEans, just joined CE. Hoping to make the best of it. HELLO again..!!
Guys, please check out this link https://ecoeasychallenge.com/ it is about an international eco-friendly model making competition. And what the good news is that a team from India (IITM) is one...
Hello I am having a problem understanding dependency theory using Armstrong's Axioms, I have researched this online and I understand the axioms however I am struggling to understand a particular...