CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • MatlabMentor

MemberAug 2, 2008

contact us at <snipped> at yahoo com...please send more details about ur details and project details
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • ednan

MemberAug 3, 2008

but i cant understand the parameters used in it ...please if u help me out m very thank ful to u .

%SPECTRALSUBTRACTION performs speech enhancement using spectral subtraction [OUT,PO]=SS(IN,FS,P)
    %
    % implementation of spectral subtraction algorithm
    % noisy speech IN with fs=FS enhanced by SS and returned in OUT, P is the algorithm parameters as bellow:
    % algorithm parameters: t* in seconds, f* in Hz, k* dimensionless
    % 1: tg = smoothing time constant for signal power estimate (0.04): high=reverberant, low=musical
    % 2: ta = smoothing time constant for signal power estimate used in noise estimation (0.1)
    % 3: tw = fft window length (will be rounded up to 2^nw samples)
    % 4: tm = length of minimum filter (1.5): high=slow response to noise increase, low=distortion
    % 5: to = time constant for oversubtraction factor (0.08)
    % 6: fo = oversubtraction corner frequency (800): high=distortion, low=musical
    % 7: km = number of minimisation buffers to use (4): high=waste memory, low=noise modulation
    % 8: ks = oversampling constant (4)
    % 9: kn = noise estimate compensation (1.5)
    % 10:kf = subtraction floor (0.02): high=noisy, low=musical
    % 11:ko = oversubtraction scale factor (4): high=distortion, low=musical
    Cancel
  • t.lwinoo

MemberNov 26, 2008

hello adnan,

I'm doing the same thing for my final year project as well. Mine is on multi-channel speech enhancement. I am supposed to develop a simulation tool using MATLAB.

Currently I have read loads of stuffs on microphone array processing, delay and sum beamforming, etc.... But I have no idea on how to start writing the code. Can someone give me a sample coding regarding this project? I'd like to refer to it to start off since my MATLAB knowledge is very low.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberNov 27, 2008

write the algorithm first,then develop each module and combine them,these are the basic things to write any code same applies here!!!......happy coding!!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register