Need help on scissors lift project

Hi guys,
I have this project on scissors lift in my college. It need to be portable to certain extent and able to lift up load of up to 100 kg (~220 lbs). Dimension of the device is projected to be 60 cm (23'') x 80 cm(31'') x 20cm(8'') and it will lift up the load to about 60 cm(23''). The speed in lifting the load is very slow( around 1 inch a second). I've encountered some problems in this project which I hope the CE- ers here can help with.

1. is a hydraulic needed for this load? I am thinking of using a rack gear but I am not sure whether it is appropriate for this load and whether the lifespan of the device will be compromised due to wear and tear.

2. what is the approximate horsepower and size of the motor needed? This is important because if the motor needed is large and expensive, the whole project is moot( budget of less then 500 USD).

Thanks in advance.Hope I get an A in this project. 😀

Replies

• Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    it depends upon the purpose of the lift..(usage)..😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I heard CMC comes mostly for Electronics & Computer Science Branches only. Here are its campus placement details: 1. Technical (50 Questions in 30 Minutes) 2. Aptitude (100 Questions in...
I want recent amdocs placement paper..plz help me with it..
The responsibility of conducting GATE 2012 lies with Indian Institute of Technology IIT- Delhi. There are no longer sale of application forms through banks/GATE office counters. The Application process for...
is there any1 to help me in image processing. i planned to do image processing using wavelet transform. is wavelet transform suitable for mammogram image? if so, what will be...
Important dates were earlier declared here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/gate/43849-gate-2012-important-dates-notifications.html Here are the final details: Commencement of GATE 2012 Registration - 12 Sep, 2011 Last date for Submission of GATE Online Application (website...