Need help in playing .dat files on Ubuntu [RIFF Audio]

Hi !

I was trying to play an old vcd in which the file is in .dat format on my Ubuntu Machine, the problem is when try to play it, it's showing this

Could not Display "AVSEQ.DAT"
There is no application installed for “RIFF audio” files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?
Please help in this regard, tried searching on Google but un fortunately not able to rectify this.

Thanks in advance !

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    vlc player can play it. You'll need restricted codec libdvdcss2 though, which is available in ubuntu-restricted-extras, i assume.
    If it doesn't plays in vlc, then use gxine.
    BTW for me it plays in vlc in openSUSE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Question is self explanatory, need to know what does this operational word mean in Operational Amplifier, and what are advantages of using Operational Amplifier, as other systems can be applied...
What is the relationship between "voltage", "potential difference" and "e.m.f" ? Are they the same ? Second: In case of a DC current source, how do we determine the polarity...
Skysweeper is your power-line monitoring robot that scouts for faults on the power lines. The robot's been developed by engineers at the University Of California. The production version of this...
Here's a project idea for electrical engineering third and final year academic projects. Develop a power-line monitoring robot that 'hangs' to the power line itself and scouts across the line...
last Saturday I purchased a HP laptop from Snadeal.com with dos. I installed genuine Windows7 (ultimate).But problem is HD video not playing .Wi-Fi not working. Bluetooth also not working.so how...