Need help in Complex FIR Filter design

Hi, frens,
I am a student final year student of Electronics and Communication Engineering, I am now working on Digital Filters in Signal processing. I need some help in designing a COMPLEX FIR FILTER. Plzz help me. I need no help of ready design, need help in developing my own design, help me with the ideology. thankyou.

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    First off, If you are in the final year then you must be having a Textbook on Filter Design. Secondly, these books have about 80% of the needed information.

Start by defining what kind of filter you want? highpass, lowpass, notch, etc etc. And then slowly go on from there. It can seem a difficult task but if you read slowly and thouroly, you can acomplish a lot.

Its practically not possible to help you if you not ready to help yourself 😀
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    Hi sir, i have read text books and collected some information on complex filters.
    the design steps are as follows.
    1. design a low pass digital filter
    2.find fft to the impulse response function
    3.then make all the negative frequency terms zero
    4.find inverse fft
    5.these coeff's will be the coeff of complex fir filter impuse response function.

my problem is , what are negative frequency terms?

i will produce my design upto there in the next post.
    thankyou

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii... i am a 7th semester student....i am facing problem in finding seminar topic in electrical engg. and if possible give me some website link ......
Dears:hi,could any one help me to free download asphalt hand book2007 or less,feeling grateful forward,thanks😕
hello guys iam in need of your ideas about my project on how to control appliance using PIC16f84A: iam also using a bt136 triac. my problem is that i dont...
hi guys anybody knows how to connect PC to a 3310 cellphone using a datacable?
iam doing my final year B-tech in information technology.currently my last minor project based on webdesign.so iam searching for a good minor project topic in webdesign.iam waiting for your help.so...