NEED HELP FOR MOBILIZING MY SPYBOT

Hi, i m working on a fully equipped spybot cum all terrain surveillance robo. But i am really facing some trouble in deciding the scheme to mobilize it. I want it to be all terrain by that i mean it can scale an incline of appreciable value(obviously its a prototype so i m not sying it will go up 45 degrees) and also climb stairs. I had earlier thought of using tough treads(tank treads) with two out stretched forks(also of treads) to climb the stairs which is roughly 6 to 7 inches straight rise. But now the problem is that i would be needing 5 motors per wheel(total 4 wheels) to produce the required torque to pull/push the entire body up(though its very light) and my budget is falling short.
I am not a mechanical student,so please help me with some ideas. How about using Y-shaped wheels,with chains around them. But would that work on sand and marble floor??? I need to be all terrain!!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPP!!!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , moving your post to #-Link-Snipped-# Section.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Debasish716
    I want it to be all terrain by that i mean it can scale an incline of appreciable value(obviously its a prototype. I am not a mechanical student,so please help me with some ideas. How about using Y-shaped wheels,with chains around them. But would that work on sand and marble floor??? I need to be all terrain!!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPP!!!!
    Have you gone through all the posts in this section? You can see videos of various robots climbing, traversing difficult terrain and such. Using tracks may not be a good idea for stair climbing. A cantilever kind of wheel support with the lever lifting the vehicle with the wheel locked may be better.
    Or avoid wheels altogether and make a spider bot.

If you have the time go through some of these links. You may find some thing useful or at least get some ideas. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Debasish716
    Debasish716
    Thank you sir. But sir spider limb bots are generally slow( I am not saying all are but mostly they are) whereas i need my bot to be fast as its named a spy as well as surveillance robo. But I will be going thru the links!!!
  • Debasish716
    Debasish716
    PLZZ see this. Mind blowing. THere is also a moto-X version of these.
  • Debasish716
    Debasish716
    Cant we build one?? Its just bringing together simple yet pwerful motors together for propulsion. The hard part comes in aligning the wheels and in making the bike tilt up and down for turning. Mind you during the turns,u dnt have to fear bout falling as there are guard rails(sort of) at the two sides which limit the inclination. The trick is to balance the bike wen travelling straight. May b we can eliminate the guard rails by using gyro or smthing but thats too involved. C'mon CEans give ideas!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers (even CEans) are leary of engines that seem to violate the laws of thermodynamics. Here is an example of a working wind driven vehicle that travels down wind faster...
"Inductors are large and bulky,and they cant be much improved regarding their size and weight!" Very true indeed!!!! But guess what we can replace an inductor and simulate its function...
Useful Run Commands For Windows XP​ ​​ Here is a list of commands that you can run off from the Run Command prompt in XP: Program Run Command Accessibility Controls...
Let us make a collection of the best short films that we have seen here. I am thinking of not including animated movies in this thread. Because we can make...
Palais Royale is located in Lower Parel,Mumbai. It is the first supertall in India to achieve a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum rating for environmental sustainability. Take a...