Need Help!! (ethernert problem)

Hello everyone,
Im having a broadband connection of 256k but the downloading speed is not going above 30k. When i complained to my isp provider they said that its not a problem from their side its a problem of my pc. So can anybody tell me that what can be the problem in my pc. Cause when i connected my net to a laptop it was giving good downloading speed..
Please help me out..
Any advises..??

Replies

• ashuashi
    ashuashi
    adinickluv
    Hello everyone,
    Im having a broadband connection of 256k but the downloading speed is not going above 30k. When i complained to my isp provider they said that its not a problem from their side its a problem of my pc. So can anybody tell me that what can be the problem in my pc. Cause when i connected my net to a laptop it was giving good downloading speed..
    Please help me out..
    Any advises..??
    You are getting right speed as per your connection. The download speed is usually shared in 8 connections until you opt a dedicated connection. Hence, what ever speed you subscribe, divide by 8, that is your download speed.

Cheers...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ashuashi
    You are getting right speed as per your connection. The download speed is usually shared in 8 connections until you opt a dedicated connection. Hence, what ever speed you subscribe, divide by 8, that is your download speed.

Cheers...
    Thanks for the information 😀
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    ashuashi

Cheers...
    What do you mean by a dedicated connection...and i don't think so that it should happen in connections given by BSNL..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    8 connections? I think what is usually meant by dividing by eight is if you have registered for a 256kbit connection, you'll need to divide it by 8 to see your ideal speed in kilobytes.

Also, there are some overheads involved. Even in good conditions, you can only get around 80% of your registered speed.. that is, around 200 Kbps (25 KBps). But during peak times, you will not get good conditions when other subscribers are using up a lot of the bandwidth.

If you are really getting 30 Kbps (around 4 KBps), that is pretty much dial up speed! Can you go check your speed here:

-> Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

and post your result?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hii all, Of the following which is the best types of PN codes for Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum - Barker, walsh, gold, kasami or MLS? Thank you..
Hi! I have a proposed solution but I'm not sure if it's right. I first did an analysis with the shank/lower leg given the angular velocity and acceleration of the...
I want to extract the content of one pdf file and want to store it in Text File using java..How to convert this..?Is there any Inbuilt class is available for...
Hello s, We are working with number of computer languages in our life...We choose the language as per the advantages of the language and while choosing we are considering our...
Hi there! I am a Telecommunication engineer and I have made a energy haravesting circuit for my 4th year project. The problem which i have is that the circuit is...