Need help about buying a new Workstation/high power computer...

Hey guys ,
I have decided to get a new system for Computer Graphics Rendering purposes . I would like to know your views about what processor and motherboard OR a particular combination is good .I have set my budget for 25k-35k for both processor and motherboard or can do around 10k more .
help me 😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Graphics card plays major role in graphics rendering system.
    Have you selected graphics card? If yes, then tell us it's details about PCIe slot & we'll suggest motherboard supporting it.

PS : Nvidia's cards with specific CUDA cores or quadro 5000/6000 series(or any mid to highend quadro series) are designed for specific graphics rendering purpose.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    if you can stractch your budget by 10k you can build very good high end machine.
    See #-Link-Snipped-#, you might get some idea.

For a graphics rendering , Get this #-Link-Snipped-# processor with compatible and latest Asus motherboard with Corsair 600w PSU/500 would also works find with mid range graphics cars. Don't compromise with quality of CPU+Motherboard+PSU components.
    Why 600w PSU: you might upgrade your graphics card/CPU in future.
  • Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    Here is the issue !! I am just starting from a scratch . Isnt there an issue with AMD processor and macintosh ? I read somewhere they don't go along well ..
    If that is the case , Intel would be a good choice as I like to have multiple OS .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Slay3r_17
    Here is the issue !! I am just starting from a scratch . Isnt there an issue with AMD processor and macintosh ?
    You mean hackintosh, right?
    Well, there are not any heavy issues but there are certain steps to be followed for successful installation.

I am huge fan of AMD when it comes to gaming, but for graphics workstation intel's processor & Overclockable Asus or ASRock motherboard is smart choice.

PS : Without good CUDA cores graphics card, or Nvidia's quadro FX cards or ATI's Firepro gfx card, your workstation is nothing but a gaming station. You will need Quadro or Firepro card or CUDA cores card for better performance.
    I recommend Quadro FX series by Nvidia.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to connect java and oracle. i can create design in java and also create and insert table using sql in oracle. now i need to connect both of...
Codeproject had organized a world wide article competition to teach the App development fundamental. Here is the link for the competition.​ https://www.codeproject.com/competitions/611/Ultrabook-Article-competition The good thing is that I finally managed...
I want my project to operate on internet, like giving updates or notifications to user using internet on mobile phone or pc. for that i will need to implement tcp...
Hey i want to make a car which has a solar panel system on the roof so from that we can utilise the solar power to run a vehicle. I...
I am in my final semester of electronics and instrumentation. What are the different postgraduate courses i can opt for? Both in India and abroad. Please suggest. Thank You.