Need Details about Computer field

Hi guys, Basically I am from B.E mechanical Department completed in 2012 and My interest is to get into IT field ..For that I have to study all the computer fundamentals and programming languages and also advise How to get into IT field and Where to start the basics and where to end...PLease advise...

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Where to start ?
    Most people starts with C language, while some with Python. (However C is programming language while Python is scripting language)
    You should start with C, it will be cumbersome in the beginning, but if you'll stick to the goal, the path ahead will be easy. You'll find easy to learn other programming languages.

I suggest you to read : 'C For Dummies' (I understand that book is very lame, but for beginners it's quite good) ; then read book by Brian Kernighan (Best book on C I have ever read) : Amazon.com .
    Don't go for 'Let Us C' that book is whack.

Now after learning C, you can choose any programming language as per your domain.

Where to end ?
    No end.
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    First of all you need to decide to what extent to want to learn. Then you could go on learning and going deeper into it.

I would suggest you to visit #-Link-Snipped-#

Here you can learn a lot from video lectures and notes. They have helped me a lot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As @#-Link-Snipped-# said, it's better to start with C programming language to get a taste of programming. Your best bet to enter IT field is through campus recruitment or by gaining some experience first in smaller companies, building your skill-set and experience for about 2-3 years and then making a shift.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    C-programming can be rightly called as mother of modern programming languages. you can also opt for JAVA if you want. But once you are thorough with any of these languages, learning any other new language in least possible time can be done. Your company will also train you on any new environment if you are supposed to work on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please help me in solving my problem related to Operation Research.... 😔 no one is helping me.... 😔 i am crying ;(
a group which consists of people who are superior to you (aspects may be education,skills,economy etc.,) or a group in which you are superior in anyone of these aspects? explain...
Gasoline powered tools used at construction site emit carbon monoxide, and in enclosed construction setups, they may cause poisoning. In order to solve this problem, students at Virginia Tech have...
I know that, all are fond of awesome desktop wallpapers. Most of the CEans would be switching the wallpapers,daily. Well, I even change wallpapers frequently every 2-3 days. This thread...
Money spent on advertising tends to go to waste if it does not reach the targeted audience. Online advertising is one of the best examples where this problem looms at...