CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 18, 2011

goyal420
    <a href="https://www.sphider.eu/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Sphider - a php spider and search engine</a>

Have a look at above mentioned link , explore this software, You will find it very interesting

PS:- I have created this thread in CE Labs intentionally with a hope some one could generate an awesome project idea from this
    Looks very interesting. I think there's a huge opportunity in development of an open search engine; which would compete with Google. The main issue would be the scalability. Google has a huge infrastructure and server farms to index all the data.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • born_star16

MemberDec 27, 2011

The_Big_K
    Looks very interesting. I think there's a huge opportunity in development of an open search engine; which would compete with Google. The main issue would be the scalability. Google has a huge infrastructure and server farms to index all the data.
    Exactly Big_k. Making a search engine is not a big issue but the size of database is really important. There are many <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_search_engines" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">List Of Search Engines</a> in the world but most people use only Google, Yahoo or Bing. If you want your search engine to be used mostly then you will need huge infrastructure just like Google.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 28, 2011

Yep, infrastructure would factor in once the database size grows. But that's *not* a problem. If we can build a prototype that shows that we can produce better search results than Google on a smaller number of websites and demonstrate that the system can be expanded; I guaranty that I'd bring in at least 10 VCs to thrown in money.
    Cancel
  • Bashiruddin Naik

MemberDec 28, 2011

goyal420
    <a href="https://www.sphider.eu/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Sphider - a php spider and search engine</a>

Have a look at above mentioned link , explore this software, You will find it very interesting

PS:- I have created this thread in CE Labs intentionally with a hope some one could generate an awesome project idea from this
    Looks Very Interesting!!!
    Future Planning Bro!!
    Cancel
  • vinod12345madhu

MemberJan 10, 2012

is there any similar kind of search engines ? i mean open source ones?
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberJan 16, 2012

Hello Friends I am planning to build a product following this software

It will be a kind of search engine will be specifically meant for search for products in ecommerce websites

but with different approaches as google follows , if anyone interested in working with me , feel free to contact me via PM

I will share my plan ,

Remember you must have strong data analysis skills and writing your own efficient search algorithms

Thanks
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberJan 16, 2012

Speed and accuracy matters... Remember, 60% of the users check Google to make sure their Internet connection works or not... So, it is about the response time too! 😀
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 18, 2012

Let's not think at the scale of Google while the project is just starting. Think about say 50 websites full of various type of content.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register