Need a start for building your own search engine like google , then here is a chance

Sphider - a php spider and search engine

Have a look at above mentioned link , explore this software, You will find it very interesting

PS:- I have created this thread in CE Labs intentionally with a hope some one could generate an awesome project idea from this

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420

Have a look at above mentioned link , explore this software, You will find it very interesting

PS:- I have created this thread in CE Labs intentionally with a hope some one could generate an awesome project idea from this
    Looks very interesting. I think there's a huge opportunity in development of an open search engine; which would compete with Google. The main issue would be the scalability. Google has a huge infrastructure and server farms to index all the data.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    The_Big_K
    Looks very interesting. I think there's a huge opportunity in development of an open search engine; which would compete with Google. The main issue would be the scalability. Google has a huge infrastructure and server farms to index all the data.
    Exactly Big_k. Making a search engine is not a big issue but the size of database is really important. There are many List Of Search Engines in the world but most people use only Google, Yahoo or Bing. If you want your search engine to be used mostly then you will need huge infrastructure just like Google.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, infrastructure would factor in once the database size grows. But that's *not* a problem. If we can build a prototype that shows that we can produce better search results than Google on a smaller number of websites and demonstrate that the system can be expanded; I guaranty that I'd bring in at least 10 VCs to thrown in money.
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    goyal420

Looks Very Interesting!!!
    Future Planning Bro!!
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    is there any similar kind of search engines ? i mean open source ones?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hello Friends I am planning to build a product following this software

It will be a kind of search engine will be specifically meant for search for products in ecommerce websites

but with different approaches as google follows , if anyone interested in working with me , feel free to contact me via PM

I will share my plan ,

Remember you must have strong data analysis skills and writing your own efficient search algorithms

Thanks
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Speed and accuracy matters... Remember, 60% of the users check Google to make sure their Internet connection works or not... So, it is about the response time too! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's not think at the scale of Google while the project is just starting. Think about say 50 websites full of various type of content.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Designer Quest: Designer’s Quest is the robotic event of Kurukshetra, CEG, Anna University.This is a one of a kind robotics event for the those who dare to be creators. 'Designer's...
Angry Bots: Hey all! Tired of playing the video games on your phones or tablets? When G-one could get a chance to live, the Angry Birds deserve one too! We...
The social media can be devilish. If you offer quality - then the whole social media will go ga-ga over you. But if you fail to deliver what you promise;...
Microsoft seems to have launched SOCL - social network that is expected to compete with Facebook & Google's Google+ network. Microsoft's social network is codenamed 'SOCL' and it was first...
Blitzkrieg 11 is a techno cultural fest organized by JNTU Kakinanda, Vizianagaram Campus. ​ It presents an invigorating platform for the convergence of the intellectual resources from all over the...