Navigation system using RFID for the blind

Hullo friends. I want to make a navigation system for the blind using RFID tags. Like they will have a RFID reader with them and can easily access the information from RFID tags from the varoius things in their surroundings like groceries,ATMs etc. The main idea is to make them independent. I want your suggestions:-

Should I use RFID or simple barcode will be enough?
Will I have to use a text to speech software?
Cam we connect RFID readers to existing cellphones and convert the signals into speech?

Replies

• jaden5165
    jaden5165
    hey,may i know how u solve ur problem in the end for the navigation system?i need ur guide as i'm doing almost the same system as urs.
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    You would have to use some text to speech software/hardware because there are just too many things in our surroundings to just use different frequency sounds to identify things.

I would look into using RFID tags as opposed to bar codes because the blind person would first have to find the bar code to be able to scan in, which presents a problem. With RFID you have a little more distance to work with wouldn't require a scanner to be directly pointed at it like a bar code would.

In regards to using a cellphone, I'm sure there would be a way to incorporate Bluetooth into your device which will communicate with a cellphone. You would need someone to write a software application for a cell phone though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz any one explain what are the components used at the cell phone reciever? and which type of antenna is used in the mobiles..
i have an idea please help me to do this.. the idea is to detect the illegal power using from house lines. this may helpful to government
Meaning: a social or diplomatic blunder Use: The Senator committed a gaffe when he turned down the dinner invitation. Syn: mistake, faux pas, slip,solecism,gaucherie
Hello CEans Can anyone help me with some useful information or share their knowledge on what can be included in a research project on New Media Technologies what things are...
We published following posts on VoiCE during last week:- Entrepreneurship Is Not About Risk Taking! NotionInk’s ADAM Tablet Is On Track, Says Rohan Shravan Recovering CE’s Traffic Do people at...