NASA Scientist finds a Magenta colored planet - GJ 504b

Recently, astronomers observed a blue moving planet using Hubble Space Telescope.

Now, NASA has discovered a large new planet, colored a deep magenta and just 57 light years from earth. This is making this a second planet whose color has been directly observed by the astronomers.

This Magenta planet, GJ 504b, is about the size of Jupiter and several times its mass. The discovery of this planet has shaken all the Planet formation theories.

GJ 504b

“This is among the hardest planets to explain in a traditional planet-formation framework,” researcher Markus Janson said in a press release. “Its discovery implies that we need to seriously consider alternative formation theories, or perhaps to reassess some of the basic assumptions in the core-accretion theory.”

Seems like there is way too much things that are yet to be discovered to astronomers.

Sources - NASA Finds A Pink Planet That Challenges Current Theories

-CB

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yah man these type of discoveries show that Humans are not superior to anything and Could you explain what are the assumptions early made were thought to be false as said by Markus(if you know share it here ji #-Link-Snipped-#)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not a technical discussion topic. Thread moved.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

scp -r testuser@10.0.5.215:/home/testuser/tmp/hello.txt /home/elcot/hello.txtI've used the above command to copy the file located at the server:10.0.5.215, location: /tmp/hello.txt username: testuser to my local machine local-username: elcot.... Could anyone help me...
Blood clots inside brain could be fatal. Whenever a blood vessel bursts, the blood leaks out of the vessel and then forms a clot. In medical terms, it's called intracerebral...
what is the controller is to be used to operate a stepper motor ? ? when the input is a sensor ?
Now a days, most of the government exams are made as online exam. Is it a good scenario for candidate point of view. There is lot of difference between attending...
AC power transmission losses are greater than DC losses. but still we are using AC. i have read on internet that nowdays power companies are rethinking to switch to DC...