NASA Rover To Explore Water On Moon Being Readied

The payload RESOLVE (a collaborative effort by the Kennedy Space Center and the Canadian Space Agency and part of the Advanced Exploration Systems Program in NASA's Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate) is mounted over a lunar rover model, where RESOLVE stands for Regolith and Environment Science and Oxygen and Lunar Volatiles Extraction, and is the succeeding step in lunar exploration developed to find if there are prospective sources of water on the moon. The rover will be set free on the moon, where it'll drill the moon's crust in search of water. With time, the rover shall also be able to create a resource distribution map which'll show the best spots to pull out water.

#-Link-Snipped-#

The RESOLVE rover model is currently held at Hawaii, carrying tests on Mauna Kea (or the lunar landscape) in a nine-day long simulated assignment. Watch this video to know more-

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever tried running in a beach? I’m sure you know how difficult it is to run on the soft sands of a beach. But Lizards can do it with much...
Ever since I learned to skate, I've been fancying motorized skates. Kickstarter backed, Spnkix has launched motorized skates for all the lazy skating enthusiasts for just $699. Alright, that's not...
The Raspberry Pi team has now released their first SD card image, the Debian-based OS known as 'Raspbian'. This update brings for us the complete advantage of Raspberry Pi’s floating...
Georgia Tech researchers believe that a novel wireless glove that trains people in piano lessons might be as useful for people suffering spinal cord injuries in regaining their motor control,...
Sony STW-C140GI are the Entertainment Access Glasses with Audio, the holographic technology and a STWA-C101 Data Transmitter are here to give you a natural subtitle movie experience in any movie...