NASA captures farthest ever image from Earth

NASA has released a record-breaking photograph taken by the New Horizons spacecraft when it was 3.79 billion miles away from the Earth.
New Horizons flew past Pluto in July 2015, taking pictures which revealed an even more diverse landscape than scientists had previously imagined.
After the fly-by, the spacecraft continued into the Kuiper Belt - similar to the asteroid belt but further out from the Sun and composed of dwarf planets and frozen ice, rather than rocky bodies.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My 12 year old granddaughter Tara sent this:
The top scorers of today's Quiz are listed here. Congratulations to everyone who appeared in the top 10! 😀
Hi I would like to know how I can turn a shaft in one direction only using a pulley with two weights on both strokes. e.g. upwards and downwards. Thanks
Onward CEan soldiers, show your mettle! Technologies that enhance the human brain will be essential to avoid a dystopian future fueled by the rise of artificial intelligence. To Keep Up...
The internet’s global expansion is entering a new phase, and it looks decidedly unlike the last one. Instead of typing searches and emails, a wave of newcomers—“the next billion,” the...