Narayana Murthy, The Superman Returns To Infosys With Son Rohan

Narayana Murthy is returning to Infosys with rolled up sleeves after a long short break which everyone called retirement that began in 2011. Infosys informed the media that the company has appointed Mr. N R Narayana Murthy as Executive Chairman of the board. Murthy gets back to work starting today as the board approved the appointment. Murthy will be considered for the post of director in the Infosys AGM on June 15 and is expected to work for Infosys as whole-time Director & executive chairman for a period of 5 years starting today. Mr. K V Kamath would step down from his current position as the chairman of the board and will become an independent director.

slide

During the next five years, Mr. Murthy will work for a compensation of Rs. 1 (yeah, one rupee) per year as token compensation. Mr. S Gopalakrishnan would assume the role of EVP to focus on client relationships & industry issues while Mr. S D Shibulal would continue to be the CEO & Managing Director of Infosys. Both will draw a compensation of Rupee One per year as well.

Murthy however isn't returning alone. He'll bring in his son Rohan Murthy to join him as executive assistant. Rohan Murthy is #-Link-Snipped-# at Harvard University and has obtained his Ph.D in Computer Science. He's also earned bachelor's degree in computer science from Cornell University. Rohan would also draw a salary of Rupee One per year.

rohanmurthy
Rohan Murthy​

We'd like to ask our fellow CEans - do you think the return of Murthy will mark the beginning of new era in the history of Infosys?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    At-least his arrival should motivates folks working in Infosys. Also, should give confidence to the clients that had worked for years with Infosys.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    At-least his arrival should motivates folks working in Infosys. Also, should give confidence to the clients that had worked for years with Infosys.

-CB
    Employees will have nothing to do and I think the initial sentiment will die out in the next few weeks. The business might be more challenging these days and it might get more challenging in the coming years.

Let's see how Mr. Murthy revives Infy - the company he build from scratch along with his team.
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Good to see the man with his 'Simplistic Greatness' back in action
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    IMHO it's more like creating a launchpad for the son than improving chances of Infy in any way - long live Indian Family system!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    IMHO it's more like creating a launchpad for the son than improving chances of Infy in any way - long live Indian Family system!!!
    Right. Murthy's returns breaks several of his own principles. He said none of the top team would work for Infy after 60 and retire from the board at the age of 65. But he's back. He's also said that the sons and daughters of Infy founders won't work in the company to maintain that Infosys is not a family oriented company. Rohan's entry might just be incidental, but yeah - it does break the principle he set.

Let's see how the Father & Son duo save Infy. It's going to be an interesting times for Infosys critics, I think.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You always have that one friend whom you have pestered long enough to quite smoking, but to no heed. In India, statistics say that thousands of children below 15 years...
We have a construction site with clayey soil for a very large depth(20 mts.) near a river where a G+7 structure is going to be constructed. The undrained shear strength...
Hi!!! I want to make my own 5.1 channel surround sound system. I want to know how to design speakers and sub-woofer along with their enclosures. If anyone knows, please...
For the sake of it, I just googled the term 'Indian Engineers' and in the results I found a post on Rediff.com. Quoting a few lines from there - The...
Here is a questions regarding refrigeration: now talking about the refrigerators, which we use at home, it is said, that the food stuffs stored in it should be at room...