Nanomachines for building structures

Hi, I am trying to come up with a theoretical design of a nanomachine that can take materials in the area and use them to build simple structures.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What sort of structures? Nano bots are typically 50 nm in size. Even a swarm of them cannot build much of a structure. They are mostly being tried for drug delivery, cancer treatment and such biomedical applications.
  • Christopher Hanlon
    Christopher Hanlon
    I was thinking of possibly using it to build structures on the nano or micro scale. For example carbon nanotubes or graphene transistors. I'm just not sure of how they would dissassemble materials then move the atoms to assemble them in new locations.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Some background info is available here does indicate that these can build tiny electronic circuits:
    Nanobots - Uses in Medicine and Industry - Engineering and Drawbacks
    An interesting application here:
    Could nanobots make your electronics last FOREVER? | Daily Mail Online

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to create 1000s of delay for my application in RO water system. which microcontroller should I used and can anyone suggest any algorithm for the same?
Disclaimer: I’m not necessarily agreeing with the author. Just passing along what came to me from elsewhere. I chose a career while in school in 1954. Am still at it...
A garment for a survival situation which is chargeable by the Sun but depletes is energy over an 8 hours . In times of low temperature. Have a great start...
Reds vs Brewers Live ® Score Play Games℠ Online HD Reds vs Brewers Reds vs Brewers Live Reds vs Brewers Live Stream Brewers vs Reds Brewers vs Reds Live Brewers...
Hi All I would like switch from IT to VLSI, currently working for MNC. I’m ECE graduate with 72%. How good is the switch at this moment. Please let me...