Nanolight - Outshines all other bulbs @ 133 lumens/watt

Watt's that again?
Quote:
The NanoLight is a true technological breakthrough. At 133lu/watt, it significantly out-performs any other bulb on the market. The design is unique and a dramatic improvement compared to all other LED lights, and at a better price. The design is final and tested. Please support us on kickstarter!
Endquote

The video shows it all:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nanolight seems incredible. I'm curious to know why they adopted that particular shape. What I see is that it's a collection of most energy efficient LEDs that produce the bright light when lit together.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Nanolight seems incredible. I'm curious to know why they adopted that particular shape. What I see is that it's a collection of most energy efficient LEDs that produce the bright light when lit together.
    You are right, I think. That shape appears to be suited for folding to shape since the LEDs themselves are soldered on to the foldable PCBs.
    Maybe some CEans can team up with kickstarters for an Indian enterprise. I understand that a huge percentage of power consumed in the country is for tungsten bulbs. At 30,000 hrs life (about 20 years use in India) and small power bill this must be a winner. The basic LED mounted cut-to-shape sheets can be produced in a central robotic factory and shipped to rural/ semi urban assembly shops for human finishing. Ideal for women workers.
    Marketing can be centralised.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    $50 seems to be a bit high for a light bulb in Indian market. Just today I was talking to sales guys in Forbix semicon and he told me they are testing their LED prototype presently. They are planning to launch the same in near future at around $5 (Rs. 250-300)!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Chinese made LED emergency lamps that can be plugged into conventional bulb holders are available freely for Rs. 250 even now. These have monitoring circuits and a storage battery also. A standby light of 3 to 4 hours It must be possible to make the LED bulb for much less in India.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    bioramani
    Chinese made LED emergency lamps that can be plugged into conventional bulb holders are available freely for Rs. 250 even now. These have monitoring circuits and a storage battery also. A standby light of 3 to 4 hours It must be possible to make the LED bulb for much less in India.
    So how is nano-light path-breaking?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Higher wattage. Essentially 2D folded to a 3D shape. Robotic assembly f the basic unit feasible. Manual final shaping can be done.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    bioramani
    Higher wattage. Essentially 2D folded to a 3D shape. Robotic assembly f the basic unit feasible. Manual final shaping can be done.
    I believe you meant higher luminosity (LED watts < CFL watts < incandescent watts). I'm not sure what you were talking about when you mentioned chinese LED lamps are available for home lighting, but I sure meant it when I mentioned the forbix product - Forbix product will give you same luminosity as one is used to for home lighting conditions. All SMD manufacturing processes use robotic assembly these days. And I sure don't like the polygonal shape - but that can be subjective. In final analysis, I don't see how nano lights are path-breaking.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You may be right.
    I have not made any personal assessment of LED lights. Shall revert if I get a chance to study them.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Here's more details about Forbix LED lights:
    [​IMG]
    3W bulb is having 27 LEDs with 120mW per diode.
    ~28000mcd per LED.

Plans to put in the market for Rs 230.00 inclusive of all Taxes.
    1 year warranty.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - you're linking image directly from your Google Account. We won't be able to view the details. Better download the image to your computer and then edit your post in full mode and attach the image directly to your post.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A D-I-Y version:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Dhairya_Blue
    Dhairya_Blue
    I already Manufacturing LED Lights and now a days We can get a Good Quality of LED Lights at Very Economical prices.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is another high calibre free on line courses: https://www.edx.org/
I want to execute my undergraduate final year project in Transportation Engineering.Can you please suggest me some emerging topics which demands high degree of research and on which comparatively less...
Hi friends.. Myself prashant and at that i am doing BCA with comuters..Also i will plan to do MBA...But i cant decide from which field i will do my MBA...
m student of 6th sem electrical i want idea for making minor project plzz give me topic and related information.....it is more helpful for me.....
what is middleware jobs? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ this is just to fill 50 words